Crashes in Windows 7

• Just started using Vivaldi and loving it, but I am experiencing crashes in Windows 7, 64 bit.

When I press on "site info" next to the address bar Windows comes up with ".... having problems" box and offers to send info to Microsoft then closes the program.

Everything else seems to work fine except for using passwords which again crashes the program.

I want to use Vivaldi as my main browser but need the "site info" to work to turn on flash as required.

Any suggestions? Thanks

• I'm 'WIN7' myself. I've never had any problem running any of the browsers, or anything else for that matter. However I do not use any A/V program, and only use Defender for a manual scan rarely. [No I'm not nuts. I do rely HEAVILY on the use of a sandbox program for protection].

Have you tried disabling whatever A/V you are using? Surely there is some trusted URL you can test on? That sounds like our only difference, and my Vivaldi runs perfectly.

Good luck

• Thanks, but makes no difference. I have tried disabling each of my protective layers one by one and Vivaldi still crashes when site info button is pressed.

Everything else seems to work fine.

• @nedyr
    Hi, I read a lot in this forum since a few years and never saw such an error.
    If possible make a bug report, internal testers and developers can take a look at it.

If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report each bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
    If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!
    © Gwen-Dragon

Cheers, mib

• Sorry to be a pest, but when I [left] click on the Site Info button, all that happens is a list...with drop down's to select 'Ask, Block, Allow'. In fact, just changed Flash from 'Ask' to 'Allow' for this site.

How about when you installed Vivaldi? A/V on then, that could have effected some file install? On the browser you used to GET Vivaldi, were you running Ad Blocking? In Opera THAT can mess up web-pages.

Wont bother you further; just feel sorry and wish I could help. Maybe an Extension is causing it?

Good Luck.....

• P.S. Considering this URL to be 'safe', I just brought it up outside my sandbox; no protection of any kind..... Still, the Site Info button worked as supposed to.

• Thanks for this. I will fill in a bug report.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.