General Feedback

• Hi guys, I mainly use Firefox as my main browser, and will continue to do so, but I now have a decent backup with Vivaldi that isn't Chrome or some generic Chrome clone. I will post a ton of my own feedback below, and organize it to remove anything I already have seen posted elsewhere, and separate things by platform. Currently, I've only used the browser on Linux, Ubuntu 14.10 to be precise. [ul] [li] Quicklist integration for Unity. The quicklist is the menu you get when right clicking an application's icon in the launcher. [/li] [li] Global menu integration. Also, make sure the browser respects system settings on newer versions if the user enables menus in the windows title bar instead [/li] [li] Font smoothing. Not just on web pages but on tabs and throughout the UI - such as on tabs and the address bar. Linux uses Pango, I believe. Without font smoothing, it's pretty difficult to even type this and spellcheck it. [/li] [li] Website favicons on the dropdown the user gets upon clicking and holding the back or forward buttons. [/li] [li] More reliable mouse gestures. It seems that clicking and dragging sometimes opens up the context menu. [/li] [li] The ability to use system window titles and borders like on Chromium. [/li] [li] Some sort of flags page to toggle on and off experiments. [/li] [li] A more symmetrical UI. [/li] [li] Higher resolution icons throughout the UI. [/li] [li] Unity progress indicators in the launcher for downloads. [/li] [li] The ability for the user to hide and unhide a menu bar. [/li] [li] A list all tabs button next to the trash can in the tab bar. [/li] [li] Some neat, original way to preview all tabs at once. Kind of like the all tabs button was in older Firefox versions. [/li] [li] The ability for the user to control what middle clicking does. [/li] [li] A way to enable automatic scrolling and smooth scrolling. Especially make a built in way to use autoscroll on Linux.Essentially no Chromium based browser lets the user autoscroll on Linux. Very major issue on large pages. [/li] [li] Hardware acceleration across platforms. [/li] [/ul]

There are a bunch of ways to list tabs. Is that different from what you mean by preview tabs?

• @MikeRL100:

• Font smoothing. Not just on web pages but on tabs and throughout the UI - such as on tabs and the address bar. Linux uses Pango, I believe. Without font smoothing, it's pretty difficult to even type this and spellcheck it.
    • Some sort of flags page to toggle on and off experiments.
    • A way to enable automatic scrolling and smooth scrolling. Especially make a built in way to use autoscroll on Linux.Essentially no Chromium based browser lets the user autoscroll on Linux. Very major issue on large pages.
      [/ul]

Hi - I'm using Mint 17.1 Rebecca KDE, & 64-bit Deb version of V, as context for these responses:
    a. Font smoothing - I'm not noticing a problem here. Maybe my standards are lower than yours, or it's platform / bits dependent?
    b. Flags –> vivaldi://flags
    c. Auto Scrolling -- when i first migrated to Linux from Win7 i was astounded & dismayed to find no auto scroll -- OMZ what!!?? -- but subsequently discovered Extension "AutoScroll" https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autoscroll/occjjkgifpmdgodlplnacmkejpdionan , which i use in Chromium, Opera Dev, & V. It works fine in C & O, & wants to work well also in V except that frequent page crashes occur [TP1, TP2, all Snapshots]. I doubt it's necessarily this extension per se, given that even manually wheeling down or up, & using up/down arrows, also frequently crash the page, & all pages crash repeatedly once i have more than a certain number open [grrrrr, sigh]. It's highly exasperating, & something i'm not sure too many others have mentioned, but i'm assuming & hoping that further V development will stabilise it. Certainly based on C & O, for me this extension is a dog-send. Hope it's good also for you.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.