Enhance Browser Anti-Fingerprinting while leaving User-Agent
randomdude last edited by
In the past there have been discussions on this topic (for example, ).
Today I noticed my browser identifies both the OS and itself and I verified this on Panopticlick . I think that's too much information to share (I don't use Windows).
That info together with few other things makes it easy to identify the user.
I temporarily fixed this with an extension called Random User Agent , but by default all such extensions require the ability to read all data on visited Web sites, and the more such extensions one has the worse it gets.
I hope something can be done in the browser.
I don't mind to have current user agent, but then other information should be minimized.
 https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/random-user-agent/einpaelgookohagofgnnkcfjbkkgepnp ((make sure you read comments before installing it)
How to make a feature request for Vivaldi
If you think your problem can be solved by a missing feature, please add a single request at https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/22411/feature-requests-for-vivaldi-1-14/ by hitting the green Reply button at the bottom of the page — not the blue reply link below each post.
- Please search the Feature Requests thread (replacing topic with your topic) first and upvote it if it exists.
- Add one line in bold as a short title for the feature and 2-3 lines to describe the wanted feature.
- Do not discuss features, bugs, or support issues in the thread.
- If you need to, please open a new thread in the other Vivaldi forums.
- If you want to ask or tell users something, please contact them by chat via their forum profile.
Moderators may remove off-topic posts.