Possible to isolate authentication credentials within tabs?

• Is it possible to isolate your credentials for a particular website within a tab? So for example, to make it possible to login to the same site using different credentials in different tabs. This would eliminate the need to launch a private session when you need to login to a site using different credentials.

I'm not aware of any browser that has this capability but it would be absolutely huge for me.

• @cincytriguy said in Possible to isolate authentication credentials within tabs?:

e your credentials for a particular website within a tab? So for example, to make it possible to login to the same site using different credentials in different tabs. This would eliminate the need to launch a private session when you need to login to a site using different credentials.

Firefox Quantum supports this out of the box. It's called multi-account containers. I love this feature of Firefox so much that I am sceptical now if I will keep Vivaldi as my main browser.
    There are addons that add that kind of support on chromium based browsers. I am using the Sessionbox addon on Vivaldi and it works fine.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sessionbox-free-multi-log/megbklhjamjbcafknkgmokldgolkdfig
    Some features of it like creating bookmarks from sessions or sync are locked to Sessionbox paid accounts though.
    I wish Vivaldi could add something like that out of the box without having to use a chrome addon and with all possible features unlocked.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.