Difficulty Installing Apps and Extensions from the Web Store

• I'm having difficulty installing the extensions from the web store. The browser freezes whenever I try to install an extension from the web store and I have to force quit the browser. Does anyone else have this problem?

"Does anyone else have this problem?"

Only everyone who is running a Mac…

• Thank you for letting me know. I thought my laptop was messing up. Have they said anything about when they are going to fix the problem?

No - but I suspect it will be around the same time they implement extensions, which are not yet an officially included function in Vivaldi. Shouldn't be too long…

• Ok, thank you. I hope so. There are a few extensions that would be handy.

• Just out of curiosity ;) how do you guys install extensions from the chrome web store? In Opera, I use Download Chrome Extension.

@Xypher:

Just out of curiosity ;) how do you guys install extensions from the chrome web store? In Opera, I use Download Chrome Extension.

Go to the Chrome Store. Find an extension you want to try. Click on "Add to Chrome."

• Oh so you mean the web store detects Vivaldi as Chrome? Funny how Opera isn't.

Don't know if it will always be that way (it wasn't when Vivaldi was first released) but that's the way it is now.

• I am downloading my favourite extensions from the Chrome Store but once (apparently) installed I don't see any icons on the toolbar nor can I find the options in Plugins or anywhere else. Could someone guide me please?

@rafiki:

I am downloading my favourite extensions from the Chrome Store but once (apparently) installed I don't see any icons on the toolbar nor can I find the options in Plugins or anywhere else. Could someone guide me please?

Extensions are not implemented yet. One of the ways this is manifested is in the fact that no extension can to anything to the UI, include adding a button anywhere. If your extension is working but you need to make changes in its settings or options, you can view and interact with these at vivaldi://extensions

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.