Issues with Vivaldi Password Manager

• Hi,

There are several issues I'm encountering with Vivaldi Password Manager:

1. There's no way to delete multiple passwords, you have to do the list 1 at a time, which can be a pain if tens or hundreds have been stored and you now want to delete some or all. How about a "Clear" option and a multi-select option to make multiple deletions easier?

2. I'm finding it doesn't work properly across sites where the same email address has been used for registration (lets face it we all have a limited number of addresses), and there are multiple different passwords. Here it pops up a box when you try and enter a password to enter the site, that blocks you submitting what you've just typed and asks you to select one of the saved passwords. The trouble is, non of the saved passwords will work once it's blocked on some sites, nor the one you typed which is also blocked, so the site just goes back around to "password not found. Please re-enter your password", making it impossible to log in.

Why can't Vivaldi just work like every other password manager and simply offer an option via a drop down menu as you type and if you continue typing something different, simply disappear and allow you to continue? As it stands atm, it's both intrusive and problematic as it often prevents log ins.

1. I swear it's adding passwords to the manger even when I've told it not to.

• V password manager is still built around chromium interface and I have no doubt it'll improved.
    For the moment, you can access to any password listed at this page chrome://settings/passwords which is a chromium internal one and check the entries.

• @hadden89 said in Issues with Vivaldi Password Manager:

chrome://settings/passwords

Chrome link (chrome://settings/passwords) goes nowhere for me ( 1.14.1030.3 (Official Build) (64-bit)). Copy and Paste to avoid fat-fingered typos.
    Only the Settings Page > Privacy section for me.

• With 1.14 Snapshot and 1.13 Stable chrome://settings/passwords opened by bookmark works for me, typing or copy&paste in address field, too.

• @hadden89 said in Issues with Vivaldi Password Manager:

chrome://settings/passwords

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, whilst the display is easier to manage from this window (why didn't they use this as the main display?), you still can't delete multiple passwords at the same time from what I can see, which leaves the issues from the 1st post intact.

The page also raises another issue for me on Privacy and Security though. Password manager is logging and keeping track of every site you don't sign into to as well as those you do. I understand why: it's to stop it asking you every time you visit those pages. However, recording this, effectively this means that Vivaldi is tracking you around the internet and for anyone to view what secure sites you visit, is as simple as typing in the command you listed above then scrolling to below the password list.

Straight away, I see my banking sites listed and no doubt for those people who visit other secure or sensitive sites, those sites will be listed also. Yes it's true to say the passwords aren't saved. But eg to take banking, if you were wanting to hack someones bank, the 1st hurdle would be to actually establish which bank they used, out of the hundreds out there. If it's a simple as typing into their Vivaldi "chrome://settings/passwords", then it becomes a whole lot easier as straight away as a hacker, you can see exactly which banking site you need to target. with any password you can find elsewhere on their pc or generate.

• @alviv said in Issues with Vivaldi Password Manager:

this means that Vivaldi is tracking you around the internet and for anyone to view what secure sites you visit, is as simple as typing in the command you listed above then scrolling to below the password list.

Not anyone! If you let someone on your PC you have a security problem.
    Yes, a person logged in at your PC cam see which domains are used for entering passwords.
    If you do not want this, change Vivaldi settings for not storing web passwords.

@alviv said in Issues with Vivaldi Password Manager:

it becomes a whole lot easier as straight away as a hacker, you can see exactly which banking site you need to target. with any password you can find elsewhere on their pc

Hackers do not need to check your domains in password manager, such hacker would install a keylogger and other trojan horse malware to get all what they need.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.