Open stable and beta at same time

• I love vivaldi so much. Vivaldi helps me for my jobs. I just hope I can open vivaldi stable and beta separately just like opera. Opera stable, opera beta and opera developer can open separately so I can use 3 of them. I wanna open and use vivaldi stable and beta like opera did. Thank you

@calonton I have four versions of Vivaldi on my machine. I can open and use all of them at once. You simply need to have at least one of the two set up in its own "standalone" space if you are only using two.

• In Installer use the "Advanced" button and install all Snapshots as Standalone install into different folders.
    The Stable can be installed as "For all Users" or "For User" (current user).

• Yep, it works. I can open separately. New issue occured, I installed on C:\Program Files\Vivaldi-Beta, Im using Windows 10 Pro x64 1709
    When I click beta vivaldi.exe after install nothing happened. So I use as 'Run As Administrator', after I close vivaldi beta after I open many tabs and re-open vivaldi beta, tabs from last session was not saved even I set 'Startup with' to 'Last Session'

• @calonton I advise you not to install Standalone for Administrator and not in program dir.
    Install teh Standalones as a regular non-admin user.
    Ad use some subfolder in your %localappdata%.

• @gwen-dragon said in Open stable and beta at same time:

@calonton I advise you not to install Standalone for Administrator and not in program dir.
    Install teh Standalones as a regular non-admin user.
    Ad use some subfolder in your %localappdata%.

Thank you for your advise. It works properly now

• A Vivaldi Stable can be installed for All users on a PC.
    !!! But Snapshots may break something sometimes, they are testing versions showing new features or bug fixes, but may have new strange bugs ā€“ a Snapshot version you like to run should be installed separately as Standalone in a single user account. !!!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.