Panels on address bar please!

• Hi,
    I've been using Vivaldi browser for a year or more, great work you've done first of all, so I wanted to give some feedback of my own. I like panels, but I don't like much the "swipe animation" mostly because of the web page resize that it provokes, which distracts a lot more than it should. I imagine that was a pain to code (since you've been improving it as the versions go by), but I don't like it at all ahaha. So I propose to put an option to get the panels on the address bar (opening as a popup, as the new library button on firefox) (maybe hide extensions with a symbol like '>>') and also to improve the current panel, make it overlay the webpages (even though is not so cool, you already have a handset of functionality to completely compensate aesthetics).

Regards,
    André

• If you have a feature request, use following thread:
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/22411/feature-requests-for-vivaldi-1-14/524

The behaviour you describe is already possible with a custom modification to the browser. The possibility "to do something about it" is the advantage of Vivaldi over Firefox imo. Just search the forum board.
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/10549/modding-vivaldi/

• @luetage Thankyou, it was a lot easier than I thought xd

@hawk0x17 said in Panels on address bar please!:

also to improve the current panel, make it overlay the webpages

Please vote for @nekomajin said in Feature requests for Vivaldi 1.14:

Floating sidebar panels

If you edit your post in the Feature Request according to the guidelines, it will be a lot easier for others to understand. There's already a button on the Status Bar to open the panels and one can enable the panel toggle. I prefer to use a mouse gesture or the F4 shortcut.

Add one line in bold as a short title for the feature and 2-3 lines to describe the wanted feature. Add one post for a single request

• Internet explorer 11 did this feature great, and it saved loads of space. That's why I liked it back then.
    "The behaviour you describe is already possible with a custom modification to the browser."
    Wish you could post how to do this step by step…

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.