Panels on address bar please!

• Hi,
    I've been using Vivaldi browser for a year or more, great work you've done first of all, so I wanted to give some feedback of my own. I like panels, but I don't like much the "swipe animation" mostly because of the web page resize that it provokes, which distracts a lot more than it should. I imagine that was a pain to code (since you've been improving it as the versions go by), but I don't like it at all ahaha. So I propose to put an option to get the panels on the address bar (opening as a popup, as the new library button on firefox) (maybe hide extensions with a symbol like '>>') and also to improve the current panel, make it overlay the webpages (even though is not so cool, you already have a handset of functionality to completely compensate aesthetics).

Regards,
    André

• If you have a feature request, use following thread:
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/22411/feature-requests-for-vivaldi-1-14/524

The behaviour you describe is already possible with a custom modification to the browser. The possibility "to do something about it" is the advantage of Vivaldi over Firefox imo. Just search the forum board.
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/10549/modding-vivaldi/

• @luetage Thankyou, it was a lot easier than I thought xd

• @hawk0x17 said in Panels on address bar please!:

also to improve the current panel, make it overlay the webpages

Please vote for @nekomajin said in Feature requests for Vivaldi 1.14:

Floating sidebar panels

If you edit your post in the Feature Request according to the guidelines, it will be a lot easier for others to understand. There's already a button on the Status Bar to open the panels and one can enable the panel toggle. I prefer to use a mouse gesture or the F4 shortcut.

Add one line in bold as a short title for the feature and 2-3 lines to describe the wanted feature. Add one post for a single request

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.