Search text showing in address bar

• This issue is still not fixed in the latest release. Everytime I search something it shows up in the address bar which then screws up the mouse over highlight and it is difficult to remove them. When will this be fixed?

• @ajamils I don't find it difficult to remove them. Click on the x in the drop list.

0_1511683427676_Remove Search or Browsing History.png

There is no timeline for fixing bugs. They get fixed whenever they reach the top of the pile. Some get fixed within days, others don't get fixed after months or years.

• The searches made in search field are not added anymore, it is fixed for me in 1.13.1008.32, and also removing the search entries from address bar dropdown typed history doesn't screw the highlighting anymore for me.
    It's true that searches made in address bar or via right click context menu are still added to typed history.

• Doesn't look fixed to me. This is on the following version
    Vivaldi 1.13.1008.32 (Stable channel) (32-bit)

0_1511733031551_Vivaldi.JPG
    @ian-coog said in Search text showing in address bar:

The searches made in search field are not added anymore, it is fixed for me in 1.13.1008.32, and also removing the search entries from address bar dropdown typed history doesn't screw the highlighting anymore for me.
    It's true that searches made in address bar or via right click context menu are still added to typed history.

• I had those "?" searches during the 1.13 snapshots and I cleaned them one by one all searches in typed history, leaving none. Often I had to delete one, press esc and type again ? to have them listed again, or the highlight went crazy immediately showing more dupes where there weren't or positioning on different entries.
    After the searches got fixed and don't appear anymore from search box, they don't appear anymore to me with neither ?" -or any other wrong search engine nick name - nor double entries.
    Maybe try deleting yourself the spurious entries, with either the X on the right or shift-del.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.