• yes, remember my credentials but do not prepopulate the fields on the login page and make me click the login button any chance of getting this functionality back?

@bezumnik:

yes, remember my credentials but do not prepopulate the fields on the login page and make me click the login button
    any chance of getting this functionality back?

I loved the magic wand and, even more, the Ctrl+enter trick for logins - even though the latter became more broken as Opera aged, with it recognizing fewer and fewer username/password fields as being what they were. I'd love to have it back if it would work right. If not, pre-populating logins is actually OK with me, now.

• I really liked this feature with the ctrl+enter shortcut. If this could replace the current user-pass implementation Chromium has, I'll be one happy camper. :)

In my experience with Chrome and Opera 15+, having the passwords automatically populate the fields breaks some extensions that needs to use those fields as well.

• Two things I prefer about the "wand" method from Opera Presto:

• it doesn't display a bunch of potentially sensitive information whenever you (or someone else) open a page which happens to have a log-in somewhere on it

• it allows you to keep and select many different user IDs

For the second one, is this possible in the non-wand method? (I still user Opera 12 as my main browser, so I'm genuinely wondering how you'd keep different sets of log details in other browsers…)

In other browsers, they will generally pre-populate - but with a drop-down of identities to select.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.