Idiot Compassion

• Parents and grandparents who are too kind to children spoil their character. Doing whatever one wants, and being given everything that one asks for, is not the way for children to learn and grow up. They should be taught the values of contentment, gratitude, respect, and frugality from a young age. As my mother once said, when I asked for another apple: “Apples don’t grow on trees.” Well, we know that what she meant was: “The money to buy apples does not grow on trees.”

The current generation of computer and Internet users expect everything to be tailored to suit their demands. Software developers cannot possibly satisfy everyone. Even free software or nearly free software is not good enough for them. If something is not to their liking, instead of simply requesting improvements, or asking for temporary solutions, they make demands such as: “This software is unusable, until this feature is added, I will go back to using my old software.” Of course, such threats are empty. If their old software was perfect, why are they trying out something else?

The problem lies between the keyboard and the chair. Negativity breeds dissatisfaction, and obstructs the learning process.

Complaining Rewires Your Brain for Negativity

Repeated complaining rewires your brain to make future complaining more likely. Over time, you find it’s easier to be negative than to be positive, regardless of what’s happening around you. Complaining becomes your default behavior, which changes how people perceive you.

And here’s the kicker: complaining damages other areas of your brain as well. Research from Stanford University has shown that complaining shrinks the hippocampus — an area of the brain that’s critical to problem solving and intelligent thought. Damage to the hippocampus is scary, especially when you consider that it’s one of the primary brain areas destroyed by Alzheimer’s. (Travis Bradberry)

• This post is too long. I will not read it unless you make it shorter. Do something about it.

• Self respect, nature respect... and the healing starts.

"You cannot know the meaning of your life until you are connected to the power that created you". · Nirmala Srivastava

• Very good text!
    Incredible this part!

The problem lies between the keyboard and the chair. Negativity breeds dissatisfaction, and obstructs the learning process.

• @luetage It's only 257 words. I'll leave it the way it is, thanks.

• @pesala People complained about twitter increasing the length of tweets from 140 to 280. This post is nearly 2000 characters long! How can you expect people in this day and age to read all that :p

• @lonm You're such a nerd, you counted each and every character. Get a life!!!! :slight_smile:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.