Who "liked" and gave "thank you" - is it possible to see? Do you plan to add such possibility?

• I noticed that on Vivaldi blogs people may press "Like" or "Dislike" for each comment. There is no possibility to check who pressed either of them. Do you plan to add it? Facebook shows who liked an item. But I believe you do not plan to add this as this is intended only as a simple counter, which remembers who pressed each button only to prevent one person to press like/dislike multiple times on the same comment. What is intended to matter is only the resulting number of likes minus dislikes. Similar question to the interesting "thank you" feature. I can't see a way to check who thanked me and from which of my forum posts it was triggered. Is it intended to be secret from some reason? I think it would not hurt to make it visible for the recipient of thanks at least.

• there, i just thanked you for this post. as for the others, they'd better fess up! :)

• me too, although i kind of like the mystery. i like the XDA way and shows top 'likes' on the right as sort of 'jump to post' thing. not sure if others can see how many people thanked the post, i went through a few pages and couldnt find an 'X people said thanks'

• @wojcieche:

I noticed that on Vivaldi blogs people may press "Like" or "Dislike" for each comment. There is no possibility to check who pressed either of them. Do you plan to add it?
    …Similar question to the interesting "thank you" feature. I can't see a way to check who thanked me and from which of my forum posts it was triggered. Is it intended to be secret from some reason? I think it would not hurt to make it visible for the recipient of thanks at least.

I noticed when viewing my own profile that a notation appears each time I "Thank" someone (see attached screenshot), so it seems like it should be possible (e.g., to forward a notification to a thanked user identifying the one who thanked). I don't know if anyone else can see who thanked who in some kind of ongoing live Community feed, but I'm assuming probably not. (?)

It seems like it would be encouraging for most users to see who had thanked them, but is there perhaps a "privacy issue" involved? (Would some users prefer to Thank without being identified?)

[attachment=933]gdveggiethankedtheusertardigrada.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• Thinking about a related thread (How to check "thanks"?) prompted me to revisit this topic.

No one has commented about the question I raised of a possible privacy issue for some users who might prefer to "Thank" privately. But if that is a concern, one option might be to have 2 "Thank You" buttons: Thank You (publicly) and Thank You (privately).

I've noticed some forums that list the usernames of those who have thanked a poster in fine print beneath the post. In the ones I preferred, the names were hidden (like a "spoiler" in this forum) until the user clicked on a button or link to reveal the usernames. In this scenario, users who expressed their thanks privately might simply be included in the list as "anonymous".

On a separate level, what might matter more to me than who thanked me in most cases would be knowing which post of mine was being thanked. While I'm glad some of my contributions have been helpful enough that some users have expressed thanks by clicking the Thank You button, it would be nice to know specifically which post the user was responding to.

BTW, I've posted my thoughts and questions on this topic largely out of interest in the topic, and with only a mild wish for such a feature to be added. I would appreciate such a feature if there are enough other users who also think it is important, but I won't be feeling disappointed or frustrated everyday without it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.