Vivaldi Crashes when Deleting Bookmark

• Everytime I try to delete a bookmark (from the bar or panel) vivaldi crashes almost immediately. I've tried updating, uninstalling/reinstalling, also tried removing my Bookmarks file and adding a new blank one, adding a bookmark and trying to delete it with no help. Been using vivaldi for almost a year now and have experienced other bugs and was able to fix them. But I've searched everywhere on google and can't find a solution to this. I've seen a few fixes that have worked for others but hasn't for me. Any help and/or ideas on a workaround greatly appreciated. One thing I've always noticed and never been able to figure out why, but over the past year everytime Vivaldi crashes it throws a 50-90MB crash file to my /var/crash directory, that seems like an extremely large file. If I don't delete it after every crash it grows to sizes in excess of 2GB

Re: The browser crashes every time I try to delete a bookmark

I tried changing Top Sites to 770 and 777 with no fix.
    -Screenfetch attached if it may help diagnose a specific distro this is occuring to. Never has happened on my Windows box.
    0_1511530676210_sf.png

• Let us check if it is the bookmarks file.

Move the file ~/.config/vivaldi/Default/Bookmarks to ~
    Start Vivaldi
    If that works, your (previous moved) Bookmarks file is defective.

• @gwen-dragon
    I had tried that before and it didn't work. But i tried it again and also moved the Bookmarks.bak backup file with it and it fixed it. Thank you so much. Feel dumb for not trying moving both last time >.> Thank you so much~~

• @xyfierce I hope you were able to keep your bookmarks?

• I have them in another folder that I'm gonna go thru and just try and scrape the links out of. I definitely have upwards of 50 bookmarks so I'm just thinking of the best way to mass move the hyperlinks from the file. So I do still have them just need to figure out a way to move them. Im sure there is a way to use a wildcard with the find feature inside the text file then piping it into a new document so only the links remain. Just gotta find the right syntax ;)

• @xyfierce The file is a regular file in JSON data format.

Use Vim or Gedit (as described in "Formatting JSON and XML in Gedit").

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.