Cannot connect to Wifi network

• Since yesterday, there is no connection to my home wifi network on PC, Windows 10. Firefox works all fine and I am able to connect other devices. However, Vivaldi and Chrome do not work.

The following error appears when trying to load a webpage [I do not have a proxy set; have already reset firewall settings to default; also tried resetting my IP address; updated Bitdefender antivirus; none has worked]:

*There is no Internet connection

There is something wrong with the proxy server, or the address is incorrect.
    Try:
    Contacting the system admin
    Checking the proxy address
    Running Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED*

Is your Wifi on the PC connected by USB?

• @gwen-dragon No, no USB used.

But strange is that Chrome and Vivaldi can not connect over Wifi.

Do they need special authentication to use the Wifi?

• @ayespy Thank you. Unfortunately neither of the 3 solutions worked...

• @gwen-dragon No special authentication requested. They are both also enabled in the Windows Firewall allowed apps.

@danonino It's puzzling, to be sure. I use Vivaldi and Chrome on three different WiFi networks, on Windows and Linux, on a regular basis, and there are no problems. If you were to experimentally uninstall bitdefender (not "disable" it), I wonder what would happen.

There certainly is no obvious reason why there should be a problem.

Please report the bug! We try to investigate which OS fails with Vivaldi over Wifi.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report each bug separate at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    Add information which security software you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bug tracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
    If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• Thank you. Problem solved with today's update. :-)

@danonino Which bug number had your report?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.