Any new news about sync?

• Vivaldi Voice

Hey i am so fed up with google chrome and i really want to switch to the vivaldi but only thing that stopping me from switching is lack of sync . i did some research and i found that from the first release developers were saying that its coming since then they have added other features but sync is still missing.
    Thank you.

• @hasanrworld I suspect that a lot of users are hoping that sync will be available soon, with 1.13 when it's released.

I am sure that they will continue to release new versions just as soon as they are ready for release, and will not delay just because one of hundreds of frequently requested features is not ready yet.

• @hasanrworld said in Any new news about sync?:

Please do not release the next version until you add sync to vivaldi.

I beg to differ, I don't need either sync and mail in Vivaldi, and I still want my new releases with fixes and whatnot.

• Vivaldi Team

@hasanrworld Sync is quite close, but we will not delay any release because of a feature. It will not make the feature appear quicker. That being said, Sync is very close now and has been in internal use for some time. We should expect a build very soon now.

Best,
    Jon.

• Vivaldi Voice

Thank you for replying and i take those words(about not releasing a new version) back.
    you know after using chrome for along time i am tired of its boring white style. when i first heard about vivaldi i was excited and i am still excited about it but because of sync ......
    but i after seeing how good vivaldi team is working i think its worth the wait.

• Vivaldi Team

@hasanrworld Thanks, it will be. The sync task is a big one as it requires work on both the client and the server side. We have been working on our own sync server, and that just takes time, but it is all looking good at this time, so it should be out real soon now.

• :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

• Glad to hear its getting closer, currently using waterfox because of the Firefox add-on deprecation. Once Sync is there Vivaldi will most likely be my main browser.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.