Issue with Youtube and Facebook videos

• On Youtube there's a visible rectangle in the top of the video both in normal mode and in full screen. It's like a piece of the frame is chopped and it lags behind or something like that.
    Facebook videos play fine but framerate drops when entering full screen.
    Latest snapshot, tried a clean install, still facing said issues.

• @shhnedo said in Issue with Youtube and Facebook videos:

framerate drops when entering full screen

May help: Vivaldi Settings -> Appearance -> Disable Aninmation

• @gwen-dragon Nope, still the same.

• Animation can interfere if active when playing in windowed mode, not in full screen where animations are not rendered anyway. Maybe try
    chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-video-decode
    invert setting (disable if enabled, or viceversa) and retry

• Okay, things took a surprising turn. First of all the accelerated-video-decode didn't have any effect on my problems. Now, the facebook videos appear to be behaving strangely. If I play a video that's on my feed, it plays with a normal framerate(video is smooth) and when I expand it to fullscreen it starts to "lag"(video becomes a bit choppy, as if it's running at less than 25 fps or something of the sort). BUT, if I copy the url of the video itself, load the page and then play it, it runs smooth no matter how i'm viewing it(fullscreen or not). TLDR - facebook videos lag in fullscreen only if I play them from my feed.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.