Bug Reporting Bugaboo

• New user here took Vivaldi 1.94.1008.21 for a test run in iMac with El Capitan and encountered two bugs. BitDefender did not find malware or a virus. I looked up the Report A Bug page, entered the information, then I was slapped in the face twice. It said that my email is invalid and it said that I entered the wrong answer in Captcha. Both are lies. I was VERY careful to be exact. Are only certain people allowed to report bugs? What is the solution? I am here because I believe in your product and feel good about helping in my small way.

• @echosyn said in Bug Reporting Bugaboo:

It said that my email is invalid and it said that I entered the wrong answer in Captcha. Both are lies. I was VERY careful to be exact. Are only certain people allowed to report bugs?

I had no problems entering a report a few hours ago. Anyone can report bugs (as long as they pass the "I am a human being" checks). Without being sat next to you when entering the info, there is not much that can said to identify the problem you had.
    I used my vivaldi email address and entered a numeric answer to the "captcha", if that helps.

An alternative thing you could do is describe your problems in this forum (they may already have been reported).

BTW: Saw your posting history, so gave you another "rep" towards the removal of posting restrictions (I believe you need 3 in these fora).

• Just a thought, I seem to remember it being reported that
    a) If the captcha question is numeric, the response should be numeric ( 5 plus 3 ? answer 8 ).
    b) If the captcha question is alphabetic, the response should be alphabetic ( five plus three ? answer eight ).

Everybody is welcome to report bugs at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/

@tbgbe said in Bug Reporting Bugaboo:

Just a thought, I seem to remember it being reported that
    a) If the captcha question is numeric, the response should be numeric ( 5 plus 3 ? answer 8 ).
    b) If the captcha question is alphabetic, the response should be alphabetic ( five plus three ? answer eight ).

That has always worked for me. I'm not sure what could be interfering with your submission; It could be a cookie issue or it's possible that an extension could be interfering. You can also try submitting a bug using Safari, but please double-check that you've entered the Vivaldi version number correctly.

The answer for captcha should be in english and better as numeric to avoid misinterpretation and typos.

May be the check for numbers typed as word(s) has a issue, but i can not test it without knowing what went wrong for @Echosyn.

//EDIT:
    Oh, non-numeric answers have to be in lowercase. Otherwise you get wrong captcha 😞
    And on my german Vivaldi UI its shows a german question! Misleading.

Reported bug: VB-34725 "Bugtracker page does not allow non-numeric answers"

• @tbgbe said in Bug Reporting Bugaboo:

@echosyn said in Bug Reporting Bugaboo:

It said that my email is invalid and it said that I entered the wrong answer in Captcha. Both are lies. I was VERY careful to be exact. Are only certain people allowed to report bugs?

I had no problems entering a report a few hours ago. Anyone can report bugs (as long as they pass the "I am a human being" checks). Without being sat next to you when entering the info, there is not much that can said to identify the problem you had.
    I used my vivaldi email address and entered a numeric answer to the "captcha", if that helps.

An alternative thing you could do is describe your problems in this forum (they may already have been reported).

BTW: Saw your posting history, so gave you another "rep" towards the removal of posting restrictions (I believe you need 3 in these fora).

Today I used Safari with all defenses turned off and I was able to submit report with no problem. Yesterday the Captcha puzzle was 4 + 4 so I entered 8.

What does "rep" mean? It will take me a while to learn your local language, rules and protocols for this project culture.

• @merryweather Thank you.

Thank you. I have been familiar with the Captcha styles and rules for several years. The puzzle was 4 + 4 so I entered 8. Yahoo Captcha makers have gone mad. I got permanently locked out of Yahoo Mail because all the captcha panes were completely and repeatedly illegible by any sensible and experienced person. That happened in 3 browsers with varying states of privacy protection and none. I do not expect that to happen here.

• @xyzzy said in Bug Reporting Bugaboo:

Everybody is welcome to report bugs at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/

@tbgbe said in Bug Reporting Bugaboo:

That has always worked for me. I'm not sure what could be interfering with your submission; It could be a cookie issue or it's possible that an extension could be interfering. You can also try submitting a bug using Safari, but please double-check that you've entered the Vivaldi version number correctly.

Thank you. I used the link you offer for bug reporting and it is the same I used yesterday. Today I successfully reported using Safari. I am presently here in Safari and will continue to use Vivaldi 1.13.1008.21 while watching for bugs to report.

• @gwen-dragon Thank you.

• @echosyn said in Bug Reporting Bugaboo:

What does "rep" mean? It will take me a while to learn your local language, rules and protocols for this project culture.

"Rep" is shorthand for reputation.
    When you have a reputation of 3 (or more) the time limit for (re-)posting is removed as you are deemed to be "not a robot or spammer" on the forums.

• @echosyn
    I also have had issues with the captcha thing, not email address though.

@echosyn said in Bug Reporting Bugaboo:

"Rep" is shorthand for reputation.
    When you have a reputation of 3 (or more) the time limit for (re-)posting is removed as you are deemed to be "not a robot or spammer" on the forums.

Robot!! Oh my! Cut me and I bleed West Texas sand and cactus juice with a smidgen of Vinegaroon piss.

• @echosyn Well you've passed the limit now.

EEK! Never heard of vinegaroon before 🦂

@echosyn Well you've passed the limit now.

EEK! Never heard of vinegaroon before 🦂

You persuaded me to adopt ol' Vinegaroon as my avatar. It pisses acid when it's pissed off. Check it out. Gotta love functional things like Vinegaroons and Vivaldi browsers.

@tbgbe A vinegaroon is a breed of arachnid closely related to solifugids (a spider-like animal also called a camel spider, that has eight legs and an elongated body and dislikes the direct sun - hence, "solifugid," or one that flees the sun). Unlike camel spiders, though, they have a whip-like tail and give off a vinegary smell then they feel threatened. Because of this tail (which is NOT a stinger) they are sometimes called whip spiders or whip scorpions.

• @ayespy Thanks, but I did look it up before replying.

@tbgbe Kewl. I live with them, so thought I'd pitch in. 🙂

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.