Ghostery like extension

• In my sense, the minimum extension should be Ghostery or equivalent Thanks

• @sgordon:

In my sense, the minimum extension should be Ghostery or equivalent
    Thanks

Or, you could just go to the chrome Web Store and install Ghostery. Yes, it does work in Vivaldi - I'm using it right now, along with Vimium and a couple of other extensions.

• I installed Ghostery from the chrome web store. It shows up on the extensions page but I can't say if it works or not: no pop up message, no icon ???
    What about you ?
    Thanks

• @sgordon:

I installed Ghostery from the chrome web store. It shows up on the extensions page but I can't say if it works or not: no pop up message, no icon ???
    What about you ?
    Thanks

That's the only issue with using Chrome extensions straight from the Chrome Web Store; quite a few of those extensions work with Vivaldi but the usual display elements you'd normally see in Chrome aren't guaranteed to be triggered in Vivaldi. I'm guessing it has something to do with Vivaldi's UI being written with HTML5/CSS rather than C or C+ (or whatever Chrome's using).

I'd simply check the cookies that are collected after a session but I'm also running µMatrix (which is kind of like a cookie-cruncher on steroids) so no luck there. Everything else with Ghostery seems to be working, though; so far, no evidence of being tracked (like, for example, no ads related to previous searches or web page visits being thrown in my face) so I have to assume it's working.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.