Middleclick scroll

• I am very curious why you'd need to remove this. I was waiting half of year to fix middle-scroll selecting text, and now you finaly fixed it... to even worse. Why removing it? People are using press middle-click - drag mouse to scroll - release botton. Why?!

• Vivaldi: our mission is to change users bad habits :D
    Jokes apart, report a bug if you think is one
    vivaldi.com/bugreport

• @vrnvorona using mmb and moving the mouse out of the vivaldi window space still breaks the scrolling behavioir which is broken.

not sure what part of [mmb] selecting text is even worse.. that is fixed now.

"Why removing it? People are using press middle-click - drag mouse to scroll - release botton. Why?!"

[mmb -down] - [move mouse up/down -scrolling] - [mmb - up] ...is just a lot faster and more intuitive ...many users have grown into using this habbit of scrolling pages quickly over decades. Why the f### should that behavior be selecting text at all... my only exception to it.. is if a modifier key like [shift] or [ctrl] is used with [mmb] and only then selecting page content happens with the scrolling action.. anything but that is just retarded and breaks expected behavior that has been established in other software/platforms for ..decades.

adding additional behavior through additional modifier keys though.. yes im all for it that

• @koolio Yeah, i am telling same, or at least trying to say. Hold MMB and dragging is faster than clicking twice. Text selection issue finally is gone, but now scroll is broken.

• @ian-coog Yeah, i submitted, thanks for it. I hope they could understand it, cause my english isn't really pure xd.

• @vrnvorona i dunno scroll is working here

• @koolio Are you last version of snapshot? And sure is holding button, not clicking? Cause in edge it works, here now isn't.

• @vrnvorona woah you are right... they did mess it up... in the latest snapshot I got today.. doesn't actually scroll at all while mmb is held down..

ok vivaldi another regression so soon...

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.