AdBlocker in Vivaldi?

• Hi - I'm new here. Good luck with the new browser. I would really love it if Vivaldi had built-in software like AdBlocker so Adword advertising at the top of Google searches was automatically removed. Google makes billions from this practice but in the process they have cost commercial website owners billions as well. I think a search engine that included this built-in feature would much more popular than one without it. Google will never add such a feature to Chrome of course. Any chance Vivaldi could or would include Adblocker type software?

• Opera was a pioneer in adding content blocking back in the day, so I fully expect something similar from Vivaldi.

• Excellent!. I would happily sing Vivaldi's praises to the world if it had a built in adblocker for Google search results. Safari has a default adblocker but unfortunately it doesn't seem to block ads on search results.. Will follow Vivaldi's progress with interest.

• @mossman:

Opera was a pioneer in adding content blocking back in the day, so I fully expect something similar from Vivaldi.

Opera doesn't seem to have a block ads as a default or option.

• I'm talking about the real Opera - the one before version 15 when it was taken over by people more interested in pushing advertising than satisfying their users.

• @mossman:

I'm talking about the real Opera - the one before version 15 when it was taken over by people more interested in pushing advertising than satisfying their users.

So, like Google, Opera followed the money rather than their users. Money always seems to become the bottom line eventually.

• Opera (the company) bought an online advertising company, threw away Presto for the supposedly cheaper to develop Chromium engine, threw out all the "power user" options, added "discover" as a cannot-be-turned-off content-pushing "feature", closed the user forums and blogs, and started updating their blog with all their latest and greatest revenue-increasing content-streaming solutions for internet providers.

It was kind of obvious that the company had sold its soul and lost the hearts of millions of users.

In fact, it managed overnight to turn into the exact opposite of what it used to be. So much betrayal…

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.