BUG: Keyboard Shortcuts For Main Menu

• I have found that the keyboard shortcuts for the main menu e.g. ALT+F for the 'File' menu item have not been working since the last few versions:

When ALT is pressed the Menu DOES show the Underline for the character that can be then pressed in conjuction with ALT, but when that character is pressed the underline disappears and nothing else happens.

Tested on Fresh install of Windows 7.

• There is no single key shortcut for File menu.
    It is:

1. press Alt key
    2. then press F key

Works foe me on: 1.13.1008.18 and 1.12.955.48 on Windows 10 x64

• @gwen-dragon

I have acknowledged that in my original message:

QUOTE:

• list item'When ALT is pressed the Menu DOES show the Underline for the character that can be then pressed in conjuction with ALT, but when that character is pressed the underline disappears and nothing else happens'

• If the browser menu bar is displayed, then Alt+F should pull down the menu. Anything else is clearly a bug. I think this did work in earlier versions, but I don't use the menu bar.

Alt, then F is arguably the correct behaviour for the button menu, but that too would be easier to use with Alt+F.

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit ā€¢ Snapshot 1.13.1008.18 (64-bit)

• Ah ok, i misunderstood which menu was meant.

Yes, if the horizontal menu is visible is Alt+F should open the files menu.

Bug is: VB-32821 "[regression] Alt+letter shortcut doesn't work to open main menu"

• @gwen-dragon

Not fixed yet in v1.13.1008.32.

Alt+FEVTWH should also work for the button menu!
    In v1.12.955.48 it works either way!

Please append these in VB-32821 if lacked.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.