Vivaldi doesn't work on Amazon Instant Video (for me)

• Hello Forum, i'm using Vivaldi on Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic) under XFCE4 and installed pepperflash plugin. After logging in into Amazon and choosen a movie the Flash is known (16.0.0.305) but the player doesn't start. The screen is black. Is that already a known issue? Greetings Sascha

• Same here. I'm on Mint 17 using Cinnamon. I've never been able to get the player to work, actually. I've installed Chrome, Firefox, Chromium, Pipelight…nada.

• @benJephunneh:

Same here. I'm on Mint 17 using Cinnamon. I've never been able to get the player to work, actually. I've installed Chrome, Firefox, Chromium, Pipelight…nada.

It works for me on Mint 13 Mate edition 32 bit and Mint 17 Mate edition 64 bit using Vivaldi Snapshot.

Look at vivaldi://plugins . Have you selected the "always allowed" box for Flash?

• Hi Terryphi,

yes it is set to "always allowed".

Greetings Sascha

• Maybe you have a problem with DRM in Flash. Try to use HAL. Should work at least with Firefox..

• @Terryphi:

@benJephunneh:

Same here. I'm on Mint 17 using Cinnamon. I've never been able to get the player to work, actually. I've installed Chrome, Firefox, Chromium, Pipelight…nada.

It works for me on Mint 13 Mate edition 32 bit and Mint 17 Mate edition 64 bit using Vivaldi Snapshot.

Look at vivaldi://plugins . Have you selected the "always allowed" box for Flash?

I'll have to try that out. I'm now dual-booting, though, partly because of these kinds of limitations, so it's less of an issue. Thanks for the suggestion, all the same.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.