Some websites fail to open



  • I am running vivaldi browser on lubuntu desktop environment but some websites fail to open in this browser which are opening in other browsers(Ex: ipv6-test.com) such as firefox.Can someone explain this strange behaviour.Thanks in advance.



  • @invivis
    What do you mean by "fail to open"? That site just opens normally here.



  • I just realised that I cannot open any http sites but https sites are opening normally while firefox is opening all the sites


  • Vivaldi Ambassador

    I also have no problem opening this or any other page, Http or Https- Maybe you use an extension that causes these problems



  • I tried in private window too and even tried disabling all the extensions. still I cannot load any http site
    it says ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED for all http sites



  • @invivis
    When the site "fail to open" did anything show up? Error page maybe?



  • @dleon I get the normal vivaldi error page

    This site canโ€™t be reached

    ipv6-test.com refused to connect.
    Try:
    Checking the connection
    Checking the proxy and the firewall
    ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED


  • Moderator

    Strange, i can open the site.

    Explanation of "Connection Refused": that is a block done by server's firewall to you.



  • I installed the extension proxy switcher from chrome store and set it manually. Now all the sites are working properly. sorry for the trouble. I hope vivaldi gets a proxy setter like firefox soon.
    There must be a problem with my system settings which might be preventing me to load http sites.

    Thank you for your effort. ๐Ÿ™‚



  • @invivis

    Checking the proxy and the firewall

    That message only appears if you have a problem with your network.
    If you're not using down proxy, down vpn, or anything in middle between you and outside network; something (or somebody) throttle/intercept your http.

    For throttling, my ISP did that to http://deb-multimedia or http://launchpad (back then when its http still running). I could use https://deb-multimedia without problem. For me, it's caused by DNS hijacking by my ISP. Changing DNS solve all the issue. So... try to change DNS.

    Edit:
    On the side note, it's kind of weird & funny issue if I think over it. You were forced to use more secure https than http.


 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.