Finally booked my ticket on the Vivaldi ship, so...Hello!

• It has been quite a long time since I participated in any sort of community/forums, and I might or might not checked this place a few times before I finally decided on making an account...but well, this seemed like a friendly place to be, so, here am I!
    With that said, I've been following Vivaldi's progress for a while now and despite having this sort of long-term relationship with our well known Firefox, V here is, bit by bit, dragging me to its red side :heart:
    When I'm not looking at something through a screen, you can probably find me being a bit of an oddball who likes reading and writing some things from time to time.

Here's hoping we can get along nicely!

• @merryweather said in Finally booked my ticket on the Vivaldi ship, so...Hello!:

dragging me to its red side

Welcome. Or, if you use Snapshot not Stable, you can be dragged instead to the black side [icon-wise]. :-)

• Thanks ^^

I do use snapshots on my laptop, since I can afford having a less stable browser there...so, yeah, I suppose you can say I'm also kinda being dragged to the darker side of things! Not that I mind much, it's always nice to see what's beyond the black veil :)

• @merryweather
    Hello there & welcome. :smile:

• Thank you!

• @merryweather said in Finally booked my ticket on the Vivaldi ship, so...Hello!:

can afford having a less stable browser there

I adopted Vivaldi as my default browser in early Feb 2015. For as long as the Snapshot stream has been available, that's been my daily driver. I do also keep latest Stable installed, but it hardly ever gets used, coz Snapshot is just so good. "Instability" has no place in my lexicon for describing my long-term Snapshot experience. Perfect?; no... but unstable?; certainly not.

A warm welcome here, @merryweather

• @steffie said in Finally booked my ticket on the Vivaldi ship, so...Hello!:

"Instability" has no place in my lexicon for describing my long-term Snapshot experience. Perfect?; no... but unstable?; certainly not.

I have yet to run into major issues while running snapshots to brand them as actually unstable, that much is true. Still, I tend to prefer using beta/experimental/etc versions of things on my secondary computer, just in case some odd dark magic happens, and stick to "stable" versions on my main machine... a bit of an old habit!

@gwen-dragon said in Finally booked my ticket on the Vivaldi ship, so...Hello!:

A warm welcome here, @merryweather

Many thanks! ^^

@merryweather Welcome to Vivaldi!

• Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.