Bookmarks Not Matching

• There are differences between the bookmarks I see on the dropdown menus on my bookmarks bar, and those I see under Tools > Bookmarks

Bookmarks I create via the flag on the right end of my URL bar are not accessible from my bookmarks bar. They are, however, accessible under Tools > Bookmarks.

It's almost as though there is some "refresh bookmarks" command that I am unaware of.

Anyone else seeing this?

@bartinva Can you guesstimate how many of your bookmarks are visible and how many are inaccessible? Do you have a ">>" to click on at the end of your bookmarks bar?

• @xyzzy
    I do have the >> but it only shows one individual bookmark that should have gone in one of the folders. I deleted it but it still shows up when I click on the >> symbol.

I will admit to having messed things up when I originally imported my Chrome bookmarks. Down at the bottom of the list of bookmarks are a couple of Imported Bookmarks folders each of which contain a Bookmark Bar containing the 17 folders from Chrome. I have never deleted these duplicates.

@bartinva I'm not running into this issue myself. I have 2000+ bookmarks imported from Safari; I just added a bunch more by clicking on the "Add bookmark" flag, into individual sub-folders and the top-level folder, and they're all accessible. When I click on "More bookmarks", I now have to scroll the new bookmarks that I added.

Clearly you've run into something that has confused the "bookmarks bar" code but I'm not sure what it could be. I don't know the all quirks and limitations (past and present) of Vivaldi's bookmark system so I'll defer to an expert. If you're able to determine what's causing things to get gummed up, please file a bug at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/

At the moment, however, I'm out of ideas.

• @xyzzy
    Thanks, I will try to clean up my extra bookmark bars, and see what happens.

@bartinva Yes. I think it will help you to merge all of your "Bookmarks Bar" folders into one, delete any extraneous duplicates, and then select the "real" one to display on the bookmarks bar.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.