Structural changes in Vivaldi

• I just downloaded the newest Vivaldi update 1.12 and to say the least, it was a little disappointing. It seems like the developers are spending a lot of time on fine tuning minutae, but ignoring major structural problems. Members have been complaining about the internal speeddial for over a year and it seems that nothing has been done to it since v. 1.0000. I'll stick with Vivaldi a little while longer but if the only changes are going to be minimal, I will be gone...

• @occamsrazor said in Structural changes in Vivaldi:

Members have been complaining about the internal speeddial for over a year

Some members never stop complaining about their pet bugs or missing features. The rest of us greatly appreciate the good work that has already been done in less than three years.

The Speed Dial is fully functional. There are a few Feature Requests for improvements to Speed Dial. Sorted by upvotes, the most popular is on page 4, currently with just 16 votes:

@pesala said in Feature requests for 1.13:

Transparency for Speed Dial Thumbnails

This can already be done with custom CSS. The next most popular, which can also be fixed with CSS, is to reduce the height of the Navigation Bar, with 14 votes.

Reduce Vertical Height of Navigation Bar in Start Page

Zooming the Start Page thumbnails to fit has only 5 votes.

Zoom Start Page Thumbnails to Fit

My conclusion from this admittedly small survey of what users actually want is that most are already happy with speed dial.

What is your pet peeve about the speed dial?

• I don´t use speed dial, i´ve more speed with the bookmark bar.
    I use Starpage search engine for New Tab. The rest is just the browser most I like

• @occamsrazor said in Structural changes in Vivaldi:

It seems like the developers are spending a lot of time on fine tuning minutae, but ignoring major structural problems.

Your first post and ranting. I am impressed.
    Seems you are ranting without knowing anything about the developers team and work.

Members have been complaining about the internal speeddial for over a year and it seems that nothing has been done to it since v. 1.0000.

Yes, but there are less users complaining in such nebulous way like you what is wrong.

I will be gone...

Yes, the WWW is free, you may use an other browser where the developers are working only for your wishes. And you are really allowed to leave us…

Tell us, what do you need to have changed in SpeedDial? If you are really interested in changes instead of a rant.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.