Bad Apple Bot?

• What kind of Bad Apple Bot is this? Seeks for apple-touch-icon.png and more. Most are coming from myvzw .com or comcast .com

Very persistent IP when blocked - like a retarded circus monkey on ritalin.

*NOTE: CFNetwork & Darwin are blocked

User Agent Starts with:
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 10_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.4.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Mobile/14D27 Safari/602.1

Then User Agent Changes to: MobileSafari/602.1 CFNetwork/808.3 Darwin/16.3.0

• Is a mobile device running over a Verizon cell provider or a Cablecom connection. Some providers have a proxy to connect their customers to WWW.

All Apple devices want to fetch apple-touch-icon.png, thats a regular behavior.

• Does apple use a second user agent to grab the icons?

• Searched apple site; nothing useful turned up.

One thing I do know: CFNetwork & Darwin User Agents are on block lists. A few sites says they're harmless? What a bandwidth waster - ZAP!

This is like ie only junk code flashback - don't get me started...

CFNetwork & Darwin User Agents Example:
    /favicon.ico
    /images/favicon.ico
    /apple-touch-icon-152x152.png
    /apple-touch-icon-152x152-precomposed.png
    /favicon.ico
    /images/favicon.ico
    /apple-touch-icon.png
    /apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png
    /apple-touch-icon-152x152.png
    /apple-touch-icon-152x152-precomposed.png

• @640k

What a bandwidth waster

If those codes didn't find any requested resources, then nothing downloaded isn't it?

• Nothing found, but the retarded Apple User Agent keeps looking for it! I know these are bots because they keep pounding my site with the same blocked IP's.

• @640k
    Maybe they just let that old codes there. It is, in fact, one good way to do "Knock Knock Anybody There?"

• I don't bother w/ ie or apple only code.

• @640k
    You don't, they are, like myvzw.com or comcast.com.
    "Knock Knock Anybody There?" I mean they try to ping your existence. It's a common practice.

You mentioned already blocked them. If you really concern you need to block them on firewall level with DENY setting. If you use REJECT for firewall or just blocking them with an extension like ads or host blocker, you actually confirm your existence.

• You do know this is for my web site and NOT my web browser?

• @640k
    Ah, I see.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.