src="https://update.vivaldi.com/stats/piwik.php?idsite=1&rec=1&bots=1" style="border:0;" alt=""

Audio icon in tabs is all wrong and needs altering

• In my first post I said how good it was to see the audio icon showing in the tabs when audio or video plays in that tab. What I promoted as the best method of doing for this seemed to be taken up by Opera. So far Vivaldi hasn't taken on what I said. I told you guys to move the audio icon into the site avatar area of the tab. When some of us have large amounts of tabs open we cannot tell what tab is playing audio on Vivaldi. On Opera we can see tell even with a mass of tabs open since they've done this perfect from day one. Please correct this the same as Opera.

• They've got a list of hundreds of bugs and dozens of features they're probably working on, the product isn't even in beta testing yet, and you're bailing because they didn't immediately implement your suggestion (never mind if anyone even agrees with you)…?

• If you are going to do something then do it right. Some of us use a massive amount of tabs and the audio icon cannot and will not be visible. Luckily for us Opera has managed to do the right thing by understanding power-using multiple tabbing work. So I take it you use just a couple of tabs at the most and therefore to you it means nothing but to us power-users this is a big deal. Vivaldi needs to correct this but then again for now Vivaldi buckles when multiple tabs are used so I guess they need to sort that out asap otherwise Opera will always dominate with its slick performance over all other browsers. I do not care who agrees with me because a million flies eat dung but do I want to? No! Be unique not the collective herd!

• @unhived:

So I take it you use just a couple of tabs at the most and therefore to you it means nothing but to us power-users this is a big deal.

You know nothing about me so less of the snobbery please, and you're talking about a very niche use case - as far as I know you're the only one of "us power-users" seeing this as an issue, so just hold your horses… they'll probably consider it at some point, but I hardly expect it to be high on their list right now.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.