The address bar just won't work sometimes

• Why is that? It takes a few restarts to get it to work sometimes.

@jxzero I would have no idea. What exactly does "won't work" mean? I have never had any difficulties or adverse symptoms or failures connected to the address bar.

What do you do? What do you expect to happen? What actually happens instead?

• @ayespy I literally just meant that it "won't work" sometimes. I can type on it, but that's about the end of it. Shortcuts (i.e. ctrl + enter) won't work, suggestions do not appear, ENTER won't make the browser go anywhere. Generally speaking, the browser still works even in those times. I can navigate to other websites by using the bookmarks at the Start Page but that's just not enough.

@jxzero A unique symptom. What version number of Vivaldi do you run? Do you run any extensions?

• @ayespy "A unique symptom." Really? OK...

I'm using version 1.11.917.39 and I only run a few extensions: Break Timer, Healthy Browsing, HTTPS Everywhere, Pinterest Save Button and Save to Pocket.

• Try disabling ALL extensions, restart Vivaldi and see if it happens again. My bet is on just one of them, but you have to enable them one at a time until you find the culprit.

@jxzero Question: Why aren't you using at least the 1.12 stable version? And have you tried disabling your extensions to see if that makes a difference?

• @ian-coog said in The address bar just won't work sometimes:

Try disabling ALL extensions, restart Vivaldi and see if it happens again. My bet is on just one of them, but you have to enable them one at a time until you find the culprit.

Bit of a problem testing for that: It doesn't happen all the time. It just happens every once in a while and I've not much of an idea how to duplicate the problem besides just restarting Vivaldi until the error comes again.

@ayespy said in The address bar just won't work sometimes:

@jxzero Question: Why aren't you using at least the 1.12 stable version? And have you tried disabling your extensions to see if that makes a difference?

I thought this auto-updates so I just left it alone.

Just used "Check for updates" and now it tells me about 1.12. I'm updating to that to see if I encounter the error again after the update.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.