Speed dial considered obnoxious

• How can I get rid of this speed dial thingy? Deleting it doesn't seem to work.

@azadian:

How can I get rid of this speed dial thingy? Deleting it doesn't seem to work.

You can't yet. The option to select starting mode has not yet been included in this very early and rudimentary version of this mostly-undeveloped software. Are you sure you should be doing testing?

I'm actually kind of excited that so many new people are learning about Vivaldi so fast, so EARLY in its embryonic stage of development. I think it's a damn shame some of them a) don't understand what "Technical Preview" means, and b) have to be hypercritical first crack out of the box about stuff they don't like about a software they don't have to use.

• I'm sorry, I'll put it on the wish list. I only put it here because I thought there might already be a way that I hadn't figured out yet.

@RRR13:

@Ayespy:

I think it's a damn shame some of them a) don't understand what "Technical Preview" means, and b) have to be hypercritical first crack out of the box about stuff they don't like about a software they don't have to use.

This is a risk you assume when making available to the general public unfinished software.
    Actually, this can even turn around and bite you in the ass, because people might not understand this is unfinished software and quit using it altogether and, even worse, tell everyone they know how crappy that software is and how they should never ever try it.

I guess the warning could be prominent on the Vivaldi.com landing page " Please do not test this if you need to have finished-polished-refined-mature software. We are in our early stages here." However, by labeling it a Technical Preview, and by displaying stubs of not-ready-for-primetime features like email, contacts, cookie and data exceptions, I think they are getting the message across to MOST potential testers. They also are expressly reaching out for those who were desolated by the loss of classic Opera, and this population is mad up, in large part, experienced and knowledgeable testers (we did it for Opera for over a decade, didn't we?)

And there is no better testing/proving ground than a few hundred thousand users of all skill levels, all different needs, and all different preferences. So - no risk, no reward.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.