Some Youtube video no sound
and all of
at the same time, the other browsers work fine, so please fix it.
Works on Win 10x64 with 1.12 Stabel and 1.13 Snapshot.
@gwen-dragon today I tried again, that video was ok, but pornhub still no sound.
win2k8r2x64 with 1.12 Stabel.
@marko-indaco I don't know what the link said, I think this is a problem about product.
Perhaps nobody wants to watch pron to check the issue?
If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.
How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
Report each bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
Describe the issue as precise as you can.
Add some information about extensions you use.
Add information about the operating system and version you use.
If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).
Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!
I'll never admit it works for me. Never!
@ahdung Really? Then, this is very serious, it's a problem imo. If you are not able to understand what that articles means, in these case I strongly suggest you do not store anything important in you're machine, nor use any type of email client, nor password. Do not use you're pc for home banking, etc...
I have a similar problem with youtube. For instance, these are a strictly music videos (relax, no pr0n), uncopyrighted, so definitely not muted by youtube, yet for me there is no sound.
Funnily, I can see bars jumping in my sound card mixer, so there surely should be something coming out of the speakers, right? MS Edge plays it just fine.
It never was like that before. AFAIRC it started after the last big update, the one that gave us powerful history searching tools but I might be wrong.
HALP! Anyone? KTHX in advance!
@spavatch could be the tab are muted? Also can you try disabling and then re enabiling the sound in the volume mixer (click on the loudspeaker icons).
Also hi from the HVSC administrator, good choice in music you're listening to
Thanks @iAN-CooG ! That's my preferred genre I guess, HVSC, RKO and SLAY Radio live shows take up 90% of my music listening time the other 10% being regular radio I listen to in my car
The tabs are not muted, that was the first thing to check that came into my mind.
This one works though...
I'm literally out of ideas now...
Plays both for me on Windows 10 Pro x64 with Vivaldi 1.13 Stable.
Do you have special sound hardware/output devices?
Nothing fancy, @Gwen-Dragon, just a regular Audigy SB0090, the 'uncut' version from early 2000s. And it worked fine since Vivaldi's initial release until it just... stopped.
Another observation I made a few minutes ago, it doesn't play sound on this particular PC, neither on Win7 nor on Win10 booted from separate disks. It works on other browsers though, which is a pain in the underside as Vivaldi is my main app.
Strangely enough, no such problems on my Vivaldi-running Win7 laptop...
@spavatch maybe some driver incompatibility, at least you also confirm it seems only that PC with audigy has problems
This might point at that, @iAN-CooG, if all the other browsers had similar problems, but it's not the case here. Also, I use different drivers on those systems, Win7 runs original Creative driver while Win10 uses a community-made one and I've never changed them since installing those OSes and it all worked fine until one day it just stopped working on both drivers/systems at the same time, probably after one of browser updates. Therefore, I reckon while the problem might actually lay on the Vivaldi-Audigy line, it's rather on the browser's side.