Advor and Vivaldi

• I love Vivaldi and I'm using the standalone 32 bit on XP version but I want to use it with Advor (Tor) which needs me to use 127.0.0.1 port 9050 as network connection. I don't want to use a proxy for the whole PC just that.. How do I do that?
    Otherwise Vivaldi is fantastic and well laid out as regards menus and accessibility. Mods, sorry I've double posted by mistake but can't delete because I don't yet have enough permissions.

• @oneman said in Advor and Vivaldi:

I love Vivaldi and I'm using the standalone 32 bit on XP version but I want to use it with Advor which needs me to use 127.0.0.1 port 9050 as network connection. I don't want to use a proxy for the whole PC just that.. How do I do that?
    Otherwise Vivaldi is fantastic and well laid out as regards menus and accessibility.

@oneman Vivaldi on XP is no longer supported. Hopefully someone can help you anyway...

• @ayespy Thanks for the reply. It was my first post to the Vivaldi forum. It's a pity that XP is not supported because I have not used a browser in years that is as good. I like the old style configureability and 'feel' If I can get it to works with Advor it would be perfect for me as it stands. It is smooth and well thought out, very usable and fast. Best wishes to the developers.

• Exclude XP issue, you could use Chromium command line flags for proxy in any Chromium-based.

Try this;

[where-is-vivaldi]\vivaldi.exe --proxy-server="http://127.0.0.1:9050" --host-resolver-rules="MAP * ~NOTFOUND,EXCLUDE 127.0.0.1,EXCLUDE localhost,EXCLUDE 192.168.*.*"

Legends;

• --proxy-server="Fill it with your Ardour settings, I don't know if that's supposed to be http".
    • --host-resolver-rules="Usually needed if you want to exclude some addresses or IPs"

You could copy your current Vivaldi shortcut & paste it as a new one. Edit the new one accordingly.

Above method, I consider advance way.

I give that 1st because I'm wondering, Is using a proxy extension (ex: Proxy Switcher & Manager) doesn't work?
    If it's working, that will easier your life.

• @dleon Thanks very much indeed. The proxy switcher and manager works very well. Are all my Vivaldi settings adblock plus and the Proxy Switcher settings in one place on my pc? I would like to save Vivaldi all my settings and add-ons etc as I am in a virtual mode at the moment? I can save to real mode if I know where they are. I am using Vivaldi a standalone ( I take it that means portable?) 32 bit in XP.

• @oneman said in Advor and Vivaldi:

I take it that means portable?

No, I'm afraid it does NOT mean portable.

Basic data (bookmarks etc) can be copied but you WILL lose all extensions and passwords as these are encrypted using the O.S. userid.

Have a look at
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/10388/refreshing-or-cleaning-your-profile
    for more details.

• @oneman
    Most extensions usually have export/import for its config.

What do you mean by "virtual mode"?
    Are you in Sandboxie (alike) or Virtualization Software (like VirtualBox)?

• @dleon I mean that I am currently in 'shadow mode' in Shadow Defender (I think it's known as 'Light Virtualization') but I can 'commit' folders or files to appear in real session after re-boot. when not in 'shadow mode'

• @oneman
    I don't know Shadow Defender, I assume it's like Sandboxie then.

You could try to commit it; if fail then try @TbGbe suggestion.

• @dleon Thanks. Shadow Defender is not like virtual box. It does not install an operating system it works within your own operating system in a mode called 'shadow mode' and when you re-boot everything is as before except for exceptions of files and folders that you choose to keep by 'commit'. When you re-boot just those files are changed. the rest of the system is exactly as before you went into 'shadow mode' I 'commited' the whole folder of vivaldi and when I re-booted my Vivaldi was as I'd configured it including my adblock plus being in place and the Proxy Switcher addon. I've gone onto tor test sites and everything seems to be operating properly and ip test sites conform to whatever tor ip I happen to be on. It's looking very good so as I'm typing now I'm in Tor again and back in Shadow Mode. Vivaldi is a work of art and the best browser that I've used for a very long time. It's functional and smooth in operation, easy to configure, the layout is logical and utilitarian but with options to make it stylish. For me this browser is perfect for my XP 32 bit system. I don't have a lot of ram etc but everything works like a charm. This is a very good forum and active and as I am not a 'hit and run' person I will login here regularly. Thanks to all members that have helped me to get up and running. The developers should be proud of this browser. it's the tops.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.