Need to clear a cookie at exit

• I read a newspaper online that allows only a couple free articles before they want you to pay for a subscription. I'd like to bypass that limit.

The site keeps track of how many articles you've read in this cookie [*.]smetrics.startribune.com

If I click on the green padlock, I'm told there are 47 cookies in use but when I ask to see them, there are only a couple shown. [*.]smetrics.startribune.com must be one of the cookies not shown. How can I block it? Thanks

• @r0291 Visit chrome://settings/ open "content settings" and "cookies". There you can delete all cookies recognized by Vivaldi, including these.

• @r0291

47 cookies

It's more after the popup reminder shows up, my record is 54 cookies. But all (except 2 from main) blocked, as 3rd party cookies blocked in my Chromium/Vivaldi settings. I purposely turn off my blocker extensions for this test.

If you just want to read articles. Ahem, just disable Chromium/Vivaldi Javascript for that site, especially Inline-scripts. The last one easily "do-able" if you use extensions like uBlock0 or uMatrix. No Popup will be shown.

If you need that inline-scripts to use their features, then really pay for their services. I'm not judging :grin:

• Thanks. I was hoping to find a similar option with Vivaldi.

• @r0291
    Just hit that globe or padlock icon, drop down show up. Choose Javascript & block for this site. Refresh page.
    That blatant method doesn't kill the site. The other 3rd scripts practically junks.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.