UserSnap - Feature Request and Bug Track

• I would like to suggest UserSnap for feature request and bug tracking, it is the same system used by companies like Google, Facebook, Netflix, Microsoft, Onshape etc.

https://usersnap.com/

I feel that it would provide a better and more productive system for managing feature requests and bug reports that the current forum system just does not provide. It also provides utilities for visual feedback which can help users show the point with photos. It will help solve the duplicate requests and scattered votes and help limit the feature Nazi down votes (people voting down for features that will not affect them) that seem to plague the current system. It will also help in better ranking of the most requested and popular features without the less popular features getting completely buried by a minority group of voicestress people who lack the ability to refrain from voting on things that would not affect them.

The current system is frustrating at best

• The problem is that 3rd party solutions, while nice and focused, cost money and time and other resources to manage, which vivaldi can't really (arguable shouldn't) spare right now.

• It's really not important enough to invest a lot of time and money in another system. Every time it changes, everyone has to adjust to the new method. We already had at least two changes to the collecting of Feature Requests.

The Feature Requests thread has a lot of defects, but it is good enough. Help by flagging off-topic discussion posts, search properly before posting and upvote existing requests. Post only one request at once.

The Bug Reporter works fine. Users do not need to track bugs.

• @pesala

AT Minimal do something to stop the down votes on feature requests.... its complete B.S. that feature requests that wouldn't affect others in any way shape or form are down voted by people.

To make sure I am clear on what I mean, its not the feature requests that would change something and affect other users but rather a request like "A way to pin tabs to task bar" a request like this doesnt affect other people... if its not an interest to them they dont have to use it but with the current system you can see a post that had 13 positive votes but only shows as 3 because it had 10 negative votes.

This is complete rubbish, just because I have no need for a web browser based mail client doesnt mean I should jump on the Natzi bandwagon and vote down its implementation and in turn a users reputation just so the features I am interested in get more attention which is exactly what is happening with the current system.

Actual voting systems like Usersnap have automatic ways of dealing with stuff like this and also makes it easy for the devs to keep track of the most requested features and reported bugs.

If Usersnap or something similar is not an option than at least create a forum rule for feature requests for no down voting

@smajor Interesting suggestion. Have you thought to make it directly to the development team, using the bug report form?

• @smajor FFS stop saying "Nazi" in every second post you write here. It's not only histrionic & hyperbolic wrt the topics, but more importantly it's bloody offensive. Find another word.

• @smajor said in UserSnap - Feature Request and Bug Track:

do something to stop the down votes on feature requests

There are a number of valid feature requests that do not deserve downvotes. The one with most is a simple request for an option to have the search field in the speed dial page. That's ridiculous! Just because someone mentioned "like Opera" a load of haters voted it down. I have reposted a couple of these perfectly valid feature requests. Let's see if they get any upvotes or just get downvoted again.

There are a couple with several downvotes like a request for built-in VPN. The reasons why this is not a good idea have been explained elsewhere.

Other posts with downvotes are bug reports and one post with five feature requests. These deserve to be downvoted. There's also plenty of downvotes on valid feature requests that are not duplicates. This is admittedly a problem that needs a solution.

If moderators could clear downvotes that would be a simple solution.

• @smajor said in UserSnap - Feature Request and Bug Track:

I would like to suggest UserSnap for feature request and bug tracking, it is the same system used by companies like Google, Facebook, Netflix, Microsoft, Onshape etc.

No, you will not get this bugtracker.

@smajor said in UserSnap - Feature Request and Bug Track:

will help solve the duplicate requests and scattered votes and help limit the feature Nazi down votes (people voting down for features that will not affect them) that seem to plague

Really!? Your post is childish, the comparison of post with Nazi is really bullshit.
    Using term "Nazi" as a word for you do-not-like is nonsense.

The current system is frustrating at best

Your comments are really frustrating, too. Because you know what will solve the reporters and developers work. :do_not_litter:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.