Vivaldi does not start from the icon/shortcut after latest Windows 10 1709 update

• Originally I was on 1.10 before troubleshooting. Activating the shortcut or the executable does not do anything. I was able to right click the shortcut to open an incognito tab. I was also to, once I had an incognito tab open, open a new window (non-incognito). Neither option returned my tabs from my previous session. Since I was able to open the application I updated to 1.12, however I still am having the exact same symptoms of not being able to open the application.

Now I am able to right click the shortcut and make a new incognito or regular window, but I still cannot open the application by the icon itself or clicking the executable.

• After going through and enabling and disabling extensions one by one, removing "Kappa Everywhere" seems to have fixed the problem so far. It was disabled, but there was a notification next to it that it was reported for containing malware.

I also forced a check for updates on all my extensions.

• @verkato said in Vivaldi does not start from the icon/shortcut after latest Windows 10 1709 update:

"Kappa Everywhere

Yeah, another extension sold by devs to ads (sometimes evil) company.
    Sadly, quite common in chrome store.

• @hadden89 True facts. Vivaldi still works fine for me right now, no further issues.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.