Wondering if I can un-hide the address bar on a specific page.

• I started using Vivaldi a little while ago and am already a fan. However there's one thing I can't seem to figure out. I'm not sure if it's actually possible within Vivaldi, or if I just can't find the appropriate setting.

I'd like to hide the address bar on all pages EXCEPT the "Start Page", which I have configured to open when I open a new tab.

I use the Start Page almost exclusively to use the address bar. Whether it be to search or go to a website. I've created keyboard shortcuts to make it easier for me to achieve this, but it would be perfect if it was automatic. Here's the current chain of events:

Command + T = Open a new tab (Start Page)
    Command + 6 = Toggle the address bar into view
    Command + F6 = Toggle the cursor into the address bar

And then after I make my search or enter the web address that I'd like to go to, I have to toggle the address bar back to hidden.

That gets the job done, but it's a bit of a nuisance. My muscle memory tells me to just hit Command + T and to start typing.

I understand that this may be a bit of an abstract feature, but with the amount of customization options available within Vivaldi, I'm thinking maybe I'm missing how to enable it. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

• Ctrl+F11 hides the address bar on all tabs.
    You can use F2 then to open a page address.

You cant switch between opened tabs with Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+Shift+tab or CtrlPgUp or Ctrl+PgDown

But there is no setting to hide the addressbar only for a specific page.

• @gwen-dragon said in Wondering if I can un-hide the address bar on a specific page.:

Ctrl+F11 hides the address bar on all tabs.
    You can use F2 then to open a page address.

You cant switch between opened tabs with Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+Shift+tab or CtrlPgUp or Ctrl+PgDown

But there is no setting to hide the addressbar only for a specific page.

The F2 option does pretty much exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. It allows me to keep the address bar hidden while simultaneously giving me access to a "temporary" address bar so that I can perform web searches and enter URLs. Is there a way to force all pages opened via the F2 prompt to be opened in a new tab?

EDIT: Found it. Settings - Quick Commands - Open Pages in New Tab.

I've re-configured the keyboard shortcut to bring up the F2 "Quick Command" prompt. Perfect.

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

• You can bookmark pages if the address bar is disabled only by using the context menu in the Bookmarks Panel, Bookmark Active Page.

• @ncp5045 said in Wondering if I can un-hide the address bar on a specific page.:

Is there a way to force all pages opened via the F2 prompt to be opened in a new tab?

Yes, go to Settings/Quick Commands and tick Open pages in new tab.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.