Vivaldi Chat or Email Spam

• I downloaded and setup Vivaldi and a user ID to allow forum posts about 2 days ago:
    and posted an item to a forum.

TODAY - 2 days later - I have a spam 'Chat Message' sent to my Vivaldi ID email account !!
    From 'noreply@vivaldi.net'
    Somone is mining the new or forum posts for Vivaldi users or ID email addresses.
    I cant see any place the email address is displayed and I double checked my settings to see if there was any further privacy enforcement setting. I can't see any. Perhaps a 'Chat Request Suppression' needed ?

I'm concerned.

@artm said in Vivaldi Chat or Email Spam:

TODAY - 2 days later - I have a spam 'Chat Message' sent to my Vivaldi ID email account !!
    From 'noreply@vivaldi.net'
    Somone is mining the new or forum posts for Vivaldi users or ID email addresses.

Please contact at vivaldi.com/contact/ for such spam.
    And i will ping our Community Managers Olga and Jane.

• Hmm, the Vivaldi email addresses can't be anonymous. Anyone can look up names of users who are registered to the site, and therefore send a message to the according usermail, since the vivaldi.net mail address is that username.

• By the way, I don't remember signing up for anything, but I regularly get "Digest" emails, and there is NO LINK TO UNSUSCRIBE!
    What is this, 2001?

Also, as far as I can tell, there is no way to change your forum password.

Spam and no security. Great.

@narushima said in Vivaldi Chat or Email Spam:

but I regularly get "Digest" emails

What does that mean?

@narushima said in Vivaldi Chat or Email Spam:

there is NO LINK TO UNSUSCRIBE!
    What is this, 2001?

These mails are not sent from vivaldi.com or vivaldi.net, i guess.

• @Narushima: You can change your password rather easily - just click on your avatar (top right-ish part of the screen), go to "Edit" and then "Change Password". If you mean that you cannot have different passwords for e-mail and forums, that's probably intended, since it's the same account - even google accounts work the same way, as your gmail password is your google photos password, etc, as far as I'm aware.

As for the "Digest", click your avatar, then "settings". It will lead you to a page where you can turn off the digest subscription - seems to be weekly by default.

@narushima Ah, nwo i understand which digest; you mean the notification mails from forum.
    OK, i see that merryweather told you how to disable these 'Digest' mail notifications.

• @merryweather said in Vivaldi Chat or Email Spam:

@Narushima: You can change your password rather easily - just click on your avatar (top right-ish part of the screen), go to "Edit" and then "Change Password".

That wasn't the case when I last was here. Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.