Unable to download Vivaldi Browser



  • I have been facing problem of downloading Vivaldi Browser for more than 3 weeks. The download gets interrupted and most of the times it can't go beyond 1-2 MB. I have tried downloading with different browsers and the result is same. I disabled my ESET Smart Security completely but it didn't solve the issue. I tried the downloading with IDM, but it still got interrupted! Please help! [attachment=816]Vivaldi_2015-03-10.png[/attachment] Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/23072/Vivaldi_2015-03-10.png[/img]


  • Vivaldi Team

    Hi, I am testing a change in the backend, could you try downloading for me again. Might have to try two or three times just to be sure as the change needs to propagate to the edge servers. But do test it for me will you :)



  • @Hlini:

    Hi, I am testing a change in the backend, could you try downloading for me again. Might have to try two or three times just to be sure as the change needs to propagate to the edge servers. But do test it for me will you :)

    Thanks Sir for giving a look at my problem.
    As you suggested I performed a test….
    I tried downloading Windows 32 bit 4 times but it got interrupted all the times. Most of the times it can't go beyond 1 MB.

    [attachment=877]Attempt.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:


  • Vivaldi Team

    Hi again,

    Sorry I missed that you had replied already.

    Could you test two things for me.

    1. could you do a traceroute to vivaldi.com.

    Required steps if you need them.

    Open the Start menu
    Click on Run
    Type cmd and then press the OK button to open a command prompt
    At the prompt, type tracert vivaldi.com and press the Enter key
    To copy the output, right-click anywhere in the window and select Mark. You can press Enter to copy all of the output, or select the text you want to copy and then right-click with your mouse. Paste the copied text by hitting CTRL + V.

    2. Open this link and paste the results that you get to your reply.
    http://vivaldi.com/cdn-cgi/trace

    Thanks :)



  • I apologize for late reply. :(
    As you suggested I performed the test.
    After performing Step 1 I got the following output:-

    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
    © 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\Users\Acer-pc>tracert vivaldi.com

    Tracing route to vivaldi.com [190.93.243.65]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

    1 3404 ms 3758 ms 3041 ms 172.29.145.129
    2 1745 ms 1919 ms 1899 ms 172.29.145.140
    3 2435 ms 2537 ms 2399 ms 172.29.145.169
    4 * * * Request timed out.
    5 2699 ms 1539 ms 1518 ms 172.31.17.5
    6 812 ms * 241 ms ix-2-0-3-1331.tcore1.HK2-Hong-Kong.as6453.net [1
    16.0.67.121]
    7 346 ms 393 ms 457 ms 103.22.203.89
    8 435 ms 435 ms 418 ms 190.93.243.65

    Trace complete.

    C:\Users\Acer-pc>

    I am also attaching the screenshot.

    [attachment=912]Vivtest.png[/attachment]

    Result of Step 2:-
    fl=23f19
    h=vivaldi.com
    ip=59.161.85.26
    ts=1427341961.323
    visit_scheme=http
    uag=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2327.5 Safari/537.36 OPR/30.0.1812.0 (Edition developer)
    colo=HKG
    spdy=off
    0

    Screenshot 2

    [attachment=913]Vivtest2.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:
    ,



  • Today many broken downloads from Snapshot blog.
    Some broke for an other user (reported me in german forum) at 64KB, 680KB; for me 3MB, 32MB for the x64 Snapshot.
    Vivaldi showed the download always as complete in Download panel!

    I just reported in Bugtracker and to Hlini in Slack.



  • @Gwen-Dragon:

    I just reported in Bugtracker and to Hlini in Slack.

    Thanks for reporting. It will highlight the issue again.
    The problem seems to exist for slow speed internet connection. I switched to 1 Mbps from 153 Kbps connection two months ago and since then I haven't been facing any issues.



  • I tried it yesterday over my very slow mobile phone as Internet Access point.
    Download run at 12-32 Kbyte/s, worked and was not broken.



  • @Gwen-Dragon:

    I tried it yesterday over my very slow mobile phone as Internet Access point.
    Download run at 12-32 Kbyte/s, worked and was not broken.

    So things are really improving. For now I don't have dial up connection or 1X Edge connection to test but since you and others are mentioning about the improvement then it is a good thing to know. And you have also mentioned in another topic based on the same issue that "Updates run without problems".
    Thank you.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.