Browser won´t load anymore

• I´m not able to open the browser anymore. I click on the icon (including right click and then "open") but nothing happens.I haven´t changed anything in my system, but I can remember that there was a Windows update which run automatically 2 or 3 days ago.
    I´m using Win7 Pro.
    Any idea what´s happening and what I should do??

@j-martins Win7 runs fine here, even on a 32-bit system. Start by renaming your "Default" folder and see if that fixes it. If so, you can copy over most of your relevant files, so as not to lose any critical data.

• @ayespy Is this a known problem? If not, what could be the cause? I have started transferring all my bookmarks to Vivaldi since I want to use it as my standard browser, but can´t really do it if the problem starts all over again.

• @j-martins said in Browser won´t load anymore:

@ayespy Is this a known problem? If not, what could be the cause? I have started transferring all my bookmarks to Vivaldi since I want to use it as my standard browser, but can´t really do it if the problem starts all over again.

I done as you suggested, and it did open but all my bookmarks and other settings were gone. A new Default folder had been created. I then deleted this other Default folder, and the bookmarks etc were there. I closed Vivaldi, and now can´t open it again.
    I really need to know what is the problem. As I mentioned, I didn´t have it till 2 days ago. I want to use Vivaldi but can´t do it if I encounter this problem and there is no explanation about its cause or how to permanently solve it...
    Thanks!

@j-martins There is something corrupt or incompatible with Vivaldi in your original Default folder. It could be something as simple as a tab trying to open a website that Vivaldi cannot open, or something as obscure as a corrupted setting. Hence, you cannot use it. When you rename it, Vivaldi creates a new, clean one. That's what you want.

Once you can see Vivaldi is working with a clean profile, you can take files from your old, corrupt profile, and replace them into the new profile - your bookmarks file, your Login Data (stored passwords) file, your favicons file (so that all your bookmarks have their favicons), your cookies, probably your history, etc. If you move ALL the old files into the new profile, you will cause the problem again so you want to stick with essential data files that are generally known to be safe.

• Hello there,
    thanks - I have done as you said and it seems to work.
    I´ve copied only the most important files bookmarks, etc.
    I`ll give notice in case the problem happens again.

Thanks again for your help.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.