Vivaldi doesn't load in windows 10

• Hello
    I am using Vivaldi long time now and day before yesterday it did not load. I opened task manager and there were the Vivaldi instances that it always opens but I did not have any window. It loaded in Task manager but not on my scree. I copied all my info from the default folder, uninstalled and installed again. It worked one and that happened again. I uninstalled and installed again but If this happens again, How to I fix it, or what should I do so it doesn't happen again.

I thank you very much.

• that's strange... do you use any 3rd party security software? some could block vivaldi. Are you a windows insider? (alpha/beta versions)

One thing you could try:
    start > write run > enter > then write taskkill /f /im vivaldi.exe as command (it will force close any background/foreground vivaldi process)

Try to

• launch again.
    • install as standalone in a path like c:\vivaldi.
    • install snapshot if you used stable (or viceversa).
    • disable background apps at exit if it is working chrome://settings/?search=background (paste in urlbar+enter)

Next time delete all these files in your browser profile folder:

• Last*
    • Current*

That will let you lose you sessions but start Vivaldi.

And try to disable a internal setting:

• Open chrome://settings/system/
    • Disable Continue running background apps when Vivaldi is closed
    • Restart Vivaldi

• Same here, from last night it's almost impossible to start vivaldi, and even if after 20 tries will start it will crash after seconds. I didn't change anything on my pc to affect vivaldi, maybe some windows update but i'm not sure. Really strange.

• From the debug.log:
    [1014/025717.597:ERROR:process_info.cc(632)] range at 0x597723c000000000, size 0x21f fully unreadable
    [1014/025717.597:ERROR:process_info.cc(632)] range at 0x597723e000000000, size 0x21f fully unreadable
    [1014/025717.597:ERROR:process_info.cc(632)] range at 0x0, size 0x21f fully unreadable

@larmaanidis What happens if you rename the "Default" folder?

• @hadden89
    I use Iobit malware fighter, but I always used it and I never had a problem. I do not use Insider. It worked fine and the next day it didn't. No massages of any error. I have reinstaled and it is working now but if it happens I will try your suggestion.

Thanks

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.