Shortcut to open a link in a new tab and stack it with original tab?

• Hello,

I am quite new with Vivaldi browser and I really enjoy it and want try to switch to it.
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask for this and if this is a feature request or an existing shortcut, but is there a way to open a link in a new tab (similar to ctr+click) in order to open the link in a new tab but in the same time to stack it with the tab where the link was displayed?
    If the tab was already in a stack, then the new tab should be added to the current stack.

Thanks!

• @alex6 If the link is in a stacked tab, then yes. Settings, Tabs, Tab-stacking, Open Tabs in Current Stack.

Tabs in the same domain can be quickly stacked from the Tab context menu, Stack Tabs by Host.

• @Pesala thanks for reply, indeed the Stack Tabs by host is very handy, didn't know it but already adopted.

About the option "Open tabs in current stack", you're right, it was already enabled, so my real need would be to initialize a new stack at the same time as clicking on a link (to avoid to do some tab drag&drop to create stack) but may be it's not possible yet.

• @alex6 said in Shortcut to open a link in a new tab and stack it with original tab?:

my real need would be to initialize a new stack at the same time as clicking on a link (to avoid to do some tab drag&drop to create stack)

Currently, the easiest way is to enable "New Tab Position, After Active Tab" and "Include active tab in selection." Then:

• Ctrl+Click or Middle-click a link or use a gesture to open it in a background tab
    • Ctrl+Click on the new background tab
    • Right-click and "New Tab Stack with Selection

• Got it, thanks!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.