Speed up vivaldi browser

• Hello, is there any way to improve the load speed of this browser? I'm new into it and I love the design so far but it's even slower than firefox... So, I hope you would like to share some tips in order to improve Vivaldi.

@phip3 There's no way to answer this question without knowing something about your hardware, operating environment, extensions if any, 3rd party software if any, and what your definition of "slow" is.

• A thread with some tweaks

• @ayespy said in Speed up vivaldi browser:

@phip3 There's no way to answer this question without knowing something about your hardware, operating environment, extensions if any, 3rd party software if any, and what your definition of "slow" is.

Windows 10, i5 CPU, 8gb ram, 20 mbps and a clean installation of vivaldi, I'm pretty sure is not a hardware issue. Thanks for the fast response.

@hadden89 said in Speed up vivaldi browser:

A thread with some tweaks

Nice, I'll check it out.

@phip3 Thanks. All of my systems are inferior to yours, yet I experience no slowdowns. You did not define "slow" yet (1/2 second? 3 seconds? 30 seconds?) but I begin to suspect external software factors.

• @phip3
    I was encountering hesitant and sometimes very slow responses to mouse clicks.
    Disabling 'hardware acceleration when available' in chrome://settings advanced immediately solved it for me.

Win 10 x64 AMD FX 4300, 8Gb ram, Sapphire Radeon HD 7730 video 1Gb

• Starting Vivaldi with 12 extensions takes about 4-5 seconds. more or less the same Opera (Opera Neon something less, but without extensions), Firefox, Chrome, Avant, Maxthon.
    Laptop ACER Aspire 6930 (2007), Win 7 32 bit nVidia 1Gb 4 Gb RAM 2 cores
    I do not understand sometimes the performance problems that denounce some with much more powerful and new equipment, I have never experienced any of this with Vivaldi

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.