Regression in 1.13.971.8 – can't delete history items by keyboard shortcut

• At least I think it first appeared in 1.13.971.8, but it's entirely possible it happened one or two versions earlier – it just started to really annoy me recently so only reporting it now.

Anyhow, upon entering the History side panel, I believe you were able to select each line (or multiple lines) and delete the entries with Backspace key – that's no longer possible, backspace triggers browser's Go Back action. I might be wrong but I believe either Delete or Shift-Delete did the same action, it does nothing now. Same issue happens in the History window (so it's not only related to the side panel).

Similarly, I believe previously you were able to delete entries from URL bar's autocomplete field by selecting them and pressing Shift-Delete. That's also no longer possible and user has to click the X button on the right side of the line instead, unable to complete the task with keyboard alone.

I haven't upgraded to High Sierra yet so this report comes from latest Sierra, which is 10.12.6 at this moment.

• Del should work.

• In which Vivaldi did that work before on Mac?

• @gwen-dragon Well, it really doesn't work for me :sweat: I'll try on different Mac once I get home and report back my findings. Should still have older version on my other MacBook, I think.

• Oh found a old open Mac bug.
    VB-17971 "pressing delete behaves like backspace, going back in history"

• Back with the promised results! On my old MacBook Air, I still have Vivaldi 1.12.933.3. Here's a quick comparison:

• History pane, select entry and press Backspace:
      • 1.12.933.3 deletes entry
      • 1.13.971.8 goes back one page in the main window, despite the side panel having focus
    • History pane, select entry and press Delete (technically Fn-Backspace):
      • 1.13.971.8 does nothing
    • History window, select entry and press Backspace:
    • History window, select entry and press Delete (technically Fn-Backspace):
    • URL bar, select entry and press Shift-Delete (Fn-Shift-Backspace):

So either there's some regression or, in case you're not observing this behaviour, there's something really messed up with my Vivaldi installation since the last version. I'd tend to believe that my copy of Vivaldi is corrupted, except

Once I updated the 1.12.933.3 version on my old MacBook Air to 1.13.971.8, I can observe the exactly same behaviour, now on my other computer. That is strange, isn't it?

• Looks like a new bug in 1.13 Snapshot. Please report that to Vivaldi!

If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report each bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
    If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• VB-33621 "[Regression] [Mac] Can't delete history items by keyboard shortcut"

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.