Unresponsive UI after updating to High Sierra

• After updating to Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.1) I'm seeing extreme delays in most UI interactions with Vivaldi. Opening new tabs, switching between tabs, switching between full screen and windowed mode, scrolling on pages. Basically all interactions are very slow.

Opening a new tab takes between 5 and 10 seconds.
    Vivaldi 1.13.971.8 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Revision d8e9a01540f4442e99778baa907e5d9be7c409c4-

I've tested Safari, Chrome, and Firefox and they all behave normally. The problem seems to be isolated to Vivaldi.

• Try a fresh install of the operating system instead of an update from the old version.

• Do you have any actual reason to believe his OS is at fault here? Reinstalling the OS is a ton of work and should be a last resort-- and really never necessary-- to fix a user-mode application.

Vivaldi has already taken steps to fix some incompatibilities with High Sierra in the current snapshot and additional fixes are sure to follow soon. I wouldn't do anything too drastic until a Chromium 62-based snapshot comes out.

• @jplanvers It's not at all. Of course you don't delete your actual current install, but you make a new test partition and a fresh install on it. This takes about 20 minutes overall if you know what you are doing. Worth a try. Also I would never update to a new macOS version before it isn't at least at the .3 or .4 jump. Far too unstable and buggy.

• Do you have high resolution set? I think there's a bug in High Sierra making windowserver eat a lot of resources. Just a guess, but try setting the resolution to "default for display" if it's not atm.

Helped a lot for me after upgrading

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.