Thumbnails Go Blank

• Vivaldi Voice

Anyone else have this issue? Every time I open the browser, some of the thumbnails are blank. I have to use the curled arrow to redirect the thumbnail to the website before the thumbnail fills up with the normal image.

• That happened rarely for me. The previews are cached for some period and after the cache expires (after a week or so, i do not know) the preview will be updated; if that fails because of broken connection or server error, there may be

• Vivaldi Voice

Thanks for the reply, Gwen. Not so rarely for me I'm afraid. Every time I open the browser, Vivaldi's pre-set thumbnails are fine, but the ones I added are blank. Other than this small issue, Vivaldi is functioning smoothly

• I have just installed this browser and spent heaps of time customizing the speed dials with thumbnails.

Then when I opened the browser again, the thumbnails were gone and were replaced with the standard web site.

Do I need to save or synchronize something after I make changes?

@catnip Did you delete them from your local hard drive after setting the custom thumbs?

@oldsalt Same question as I asked Catnip: Did you delete them from your local hard drive after setting the custom thumbs?

When you set custom thumbs you are only recording an instruction-set, telling the browser where to find the thumbs you want displayed. You are not storing the thumbs in the browser. If you set them and then move or delete them on your hard drive, the browser will no longer be able to find them.

• Thanks for the replies, after setting them up again, I had not had any issues. It was as you said, I deleted the images after I had set them. All is good now, thanks.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.