1.12 Freezes for a minute on wake from sleep
Ever since the first 1.12 stable update 32 bit, Vivaldi is unresponsive for a minute or two after my laptop awakens from sleep. My laptop is a Lenovo T530 running Windows 7 64 bit. Has anyone else experienced this?
Extra info: if I install the 64 bit version instead, the Vivaldi interface still works (I can select tabs, the address bar, etc.) but individual tabs remain blank and refuse to load anything for a minute or two.
Any extensions in Vivaldi?
Which Antivirus on Windows?
Oh it has Intel HD Graphics and NVidia! You can have issues with activated Intel HD GPU :(
May be it is a problem of powersaving management.
Can you try to deactivate Intel HD GPU for a test?
Thanks for the suggestion. I disabled all extensions and made sure no antivirus software was running but the problem remained.
Can you (for a test only) deactivate the Intel HD Graphics chip in BIOS and use NVidia as first GPU? Does the problem stay then?
Thanks again for the reply. The computer was indeed set up to use nVidia "Optimus", which switches between Intel and nVidia as performance or battery life becomes the priority. I have tried fixing the graphics card choice to each of them in the BIOS and restarting but, in both cases, the problem remains. Additionally, I noticed that the issue also happens when Vivaldi starts up - not just on resume from sleep. (I don't frequently restart my computer or Vivaldi in general!)
I do not know whats wrong. :(
Try to install Vivaldi over the old one (without deinstallation).
Then try to reset your Vivaldi browser profile as described in https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/.
Please, if that does not help, report a bug and do not forget to write what you have already done. May be someone can reproduce on a Lenovo Notebook.
If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.
How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
Report each bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
Describe the issue as precise as you can.
Add some information about extensions you use.
Add information about the operating system and version you use.
If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).
Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!
Thanks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled version 1.11.917.43 which works for now. I shall file a bug report!
I have been temped by the new version 1.13, but the problem persists! I had no feedback from the bug report (VB-33491) and I have no idea how to catch this in a way which will be useful. It must be an uncommon problem. Can anyone advise how I might collect some more useful debug information? Also, how do I view updates on bug VB-33491?
TbGbe last edited by
Also, how do I view updates on bug VB-33491?
@hopkins Multiple developers have tried to reproduce the problem, and cannot. I can't reproduce it either, even on my oldest feeblest hardware (10-year-old 32-bit dual-core Lenovo laptop with 3GB RAM).
updates on bug VB-33491
Not reproducible for us. Sorry,
The energy saving and hibernation mode settings of all Windows and BIOS versions on other PCs can not be tested.
Well, I seem to have "solved" this. It relates to Chrome, and this thread suggests it's to do with proxies. Someone also made the link with OpenVPN:
I uninstalled OpenVPN and this problem seems to have gone away!
"Luckily", OpenVPN proved so difficult to get working, that I wasn't actually using it...
I hope that this information is of some use to someone!
Some programs install Virtual Network Adapters in Windows.
This may produce problems with Wakeup.
Closing this old thread.