Moving a tab to a new window creates a file on my desktop.

• Whenever I have a window thats not maximized, and i want to drag a tab to the open space on my desktop (to create a new seperate window), this action causes vivaldi to create a shortcut file of the tabs URL on my desktop. Sometimes it doesnt create a shortcut but instead will show a copying error message.

This is VERY annoying as I tear tabs multiple times a day, and like to keep a clear desktop.

Im loving Vivaldi so far, been using it for a few months now full time, but this one issue is driving me insane.

Has anyone else experienced this? is there a workaround/fix?

Thanks for your time and please let me know if I can add any extra info for debugging purposes.

• Where are you dragging from - the tab bar, the Window panel, the address bar, etc. It may act differently in those various circumstances.

• im dragging tabs from the tab bar... and as for the tab, i usually click and hold in the centre of it.

• I could confirm OP.

Vivaldi 1.12.955.38 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    XFCE/XFWM DE/WM
    Debian sid amd64

In XFCE, my only DE, replicating what OP did a few times make "Create Link" (create shortcut) window to open. I didn't met any error message though.

• @victorvavan said in Moving a tab to a new window creates a file on my desktop.:

is there a workaround/fix?

Workaround - instead of dragging/dropping, you can use right click context menu (Move to... New Window).

• I have reproduced this on Manjaro (Arch Linux x64) with KDE Plasma 5.

• Same here on:
    Debian sid 64
    Gnome 3.26.2
    Vivaldi 1.13.1008.32 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

• Just wanted to add additional data..

Running snapshot+arch+openbox with no DE here. Dragging tab to spawn new window does nothing in my case, but right click tab to new window does work.

dragging is just so much easier :)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.