History takes too long to load

• When I start Vivaldi the history panel shows no history. But 50 to 60 seconds later it appears. That is too slow, and very annoying when I want to get to a location quickly.

• Hi, need 2/10 seconds on my ancient core2duo laptop but I have only 4 month of history.
    Please give us more information about:

Vivaldi version
    Windows version
    Graphics hardware

Cheers, mib

• Pretty much instantaneous here. For how long are you saving history?

0_1507151835619_Save Browsing History.png

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit • Snapshot 1.13.971.8 (64-bit)

• I save history forever here and although there is a small delay at startup, it's pretty fast after that.

• @lonm said in History takes too long to load:

I save history forever here and although there is a small delay at startup, it's pretty fast after that.

Same here

• Its not just history, i noticed its taking a while longer for the Vivaldi websites to load when interacting with button links, same thing with the browser its self. Sometimes i have to click 2 times for it to work, otherwise its stuck. The problem is, when i click it 2 times it sends the command twice.

• My version is 1.12.955.38 (Stable channel) (32-bit). I had the same problem with the previous 1.12 version.

I had my history set for three months when I first posted this. I just cleared it, visited three sites to add them to history, and then restarted Vivaldi. I had the same problem even though there were only three entries.

• I want to add one more thing. The lag is between starting Vivaldi and History loading. Not switching from one panel into over to the History panel after Vivaldi has been running awhile.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.