Back button is grayed out?

• Hello everyone!
    I have only been using the Vivaldi web browser on a 64bit Linux OS for about two weeks now and i think its great. But there is one problem, When i follow a link on say YouTube the "back" button no longer works. It is grayed out? I don't want to stop using Vivaldi because of this. Could someone help me please?

• The navigation buttons are only grayed out if there is nowhere to navigate to. Just tried with youtube and back button is functioning as expected. Are you sure you didn't open the link in a new tab?

• @wotty This problem still exists. And no it is not because I opened in a new window.. But, I do open in a new window to get around the dang problem.

I'll be on a page and be clicking links going through the site or maybe clicking a link which takes me to a new site (without opening a new window) and I'll decide to go back a page or two.. I click the back arrow.. but it is grayed out with no place to go.. Extremely frustrating.. So, then I go to Tools >> History and try to figure out which page it is I want to go back to... sometimes it takes 2-3 tries to get the right one.. and then I am back at the page I wanted..

So, this issue is a 2 years old when you posted.. and here it is another 2 years 3 months later and it still is not fixed..

This happens a lot

• And it just happened again.. I finished my last message. I then clicked on "Categories." Then I clicked on the Vivaldi title to go to the home page. Then I hovered over Desktop and chose "Features" to open that page.. I then decided to go back to a this page.. Went to the back button.. It is not grayed out.. It shows the "Go to previous page" words; but shows no previous page history when holding the back arrow button; and will not go back to a the previous page when clicking."

• @ezmjz said in Back button is grayed out?:

So, this issue is a 2 years old when you posted.. and here it is another 2 years 3 months later and it still is not fixed..

If it is not fixed, maybe that is because no one can reproduce it. I followed your recipe to the letter, and had no problem returning to this page using the back button.

History Back.png

• Which Linux, and particularly which desktop?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.