Comment author must fill out name and email

• Hi,

in my blog is the option

Comment author must fill out name and email

deactivated. But the blog comment form https://gruenesonne.vivaldi.net/ contains yet the fields name and email. Is it a bug or a feature?

0_1506236910438_222.png

@gruenesonne Dunno. Can your commenters still comment if they ignore these fill-in blanks?

• hello gruenesonne

no asterisks to indicate required field.
    can you test comment without filling the fields? i tried it on your comments. come through?
    if it works that way,, to process without required fields, then that is good to know.
    let us know?

• can you test comment without filling the fields?

Yes, I can comment without filling the fields.

• thanks gruenesonne
    then anonymous me came through too. now Ayespy and me know how to run wide open. I thought it was either one of those checkboxes. now with neither checked presents your third option to run wide open, well, moderated by the blog, open to all commenters. good to know. thanks for the tip.

@gruenesonne Then it's a feature. People who want to provide this info, can! :)

• Important! The name and email fields in https://gruenesonne.vivaldi.net/ comments are not displayed, if I'm logged in with my vivaldi.net account.

• hello gruenesonne
    When logged-into v i v a l d i . n e t
    above the comment box it says something like "you are signed-in as gruenesonne. did you want to log-out? "
    your credential will travel with the comment. is that right Ayespy?
    edit; i visited to test comment again. logged-in. no there is no message on yours like i described. i submitted test comment. it hit moderation.
    Most interesting is that anonymous outsider got the comment box in Deutsche. the logged-in user sees Leave Reply in english.

• @ayespy

Then it's a feature. People who want to provide this info, can!

But I mean the displayed name and email fields are misleading and deterrent for user, where concerned about privacy issues.

• @i_ri said in Comment author must fill out name and email:

no asterisks to indicate required field.

I suggest an asterisk for comment field as required field.

• In regular Wordpress installations such setting is for users who are not logged in, not registered for your blog.

I think it is for cases when a blog can run Independent from login/registration in Vivaldi community.

• gruenesonne You did something. now your comment box is in english where it was found to be in Deutsche.
    I appreciate your comment model settings. The objective to not require or moderate. or intervene. on a day if you prefer to golf while commenters can discuss on your blog without tether.

• @i_ri said in Comment author must fill out name and email:

your comment box is in english where it was found to be in Deutsche.

I set the english language temporarily, therewith make screenshots for my post. Yet is my user interface again Deutsch.

• alright gruenesonne
    germane to quoting the error there is extra e. got me. my failed german is set back to english, as well.
    maybe my stumble gave to you a smile when quoting; worth it , then. Or if you adjudged the error to be distasteful, then i apologize.
    Thank you for the test comment lessons, of settings. (provided it does not change upon final reveal.)
    comment required field to comment has your tongue in your cheek, still? good one.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.